Laptop trackpad not working using openCore 0.7.5 but yes using Clover 5142

Deadpool

7 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I’m using Monterey with Clover and everything is working 100%. As I wish to switch to OpenCore, I followed Dortania's guide setting the config file properly (attached) and everything works but the trackpad doesn't. The system recognizes it (in the menu it allows me to choose the type of click, gestures, etc.) but phisically touching it, the arrow doesn't move. Looking around, unfortunately I haven’t found a way to solve this problem yet. I have a patched DSDT and I would like to know if you could kindly help me since with the same DSDT and kexts, the trackpad works perfectly using Clover so maybe the problem is related to the OpenCore config file. Please find it attached in case someone can have a look at it. 

Thank you in advance!

OPENCOREconfig.plist.zip

Edited by Deadpool

Hi - Please don't take this as rude but how can you expect aid to your problem when you disclose zero information about your machine's spec. You need to tell us if Desktop or Laptop and what are the components like the make if a Laptop, if Desktop i.e CPU, Motherboard, GPU, etc, etc. You said you followed Dortania's guide but I think you didn't follow very well if at all because if you did, you'd know how important the kext order is in the kext tree for OC to boot successfully. I suggest take another thorough look at your config.plist as well as the GUIDE and correct the entries as well as remove warnings 1 to 4 in Root. Good luck.

PS - See here.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Hi - Please don't take this as rude but how can you expect aid to your problem when you disclose zero information about your machine's spec. You need to tell us if Desktop or Laptop and what are the components like the make if a Laptop, if Desktop i.e CPU, Motherboard, GPU, etc, etc. You said you followed Dortania's guide but I think you didn't follow very well if at all because if you did, you'd know how important the kext order is in the kext tree for OC to boot successfully. I suggest take another thorough look at your config.plist as well as the GUIDE and correct the entries as well as remove warnings 1 to 4 in Root. Good luck.

PS - See here.

Hi @eSaF sorry for not providing info regarding my machine. I thought it was in my profile already but it’s not. I have a Matebook D laptop with i5 7200u CPU and Intel HD 620 graphics. I have followed the guide step by step and my laptop boot and work flawlessly with only the trackpad that doesn’t work even if I can choose the options in the trackpad menu like gestures and type of click etc. The trackpad is recognized by the system but the arrow doesn’t move at all. Could you please indicate me how to check for the warnings you indicate 1 to 4 in Root?

Thank you and sorry again.

Edited by Deadpool

Use a good Plist Editor like PlistEditor Pro (it is free) and edit the config.plist then use OCAuxiliary Tools app to check your whole EFI Folder for errors.

See attached. Good luck.

Spoiler

170431790_Screenshot2021-11-04at13_21_34.png.5c2f9991ffe75474d8407fcb0de8baa0.png637228609_Screenshot2021-11-04at13_24_26.png.7c261bfe5a98647d514525fabdb9c1b7.png

3 hours ago, eSaF said:

Use a good Plist Editor like PlistEditor Pro (it is free) and edit the config.plist then use OCAuxiliary Tools app to check your whole EFI Folder for errors.

See attached. Good luck.

Reveal hidden contents

170431790_Screenshot2021-11-04at13_21_34.png.5c2f9991ffe75474d8407fcb0de8baa0.png637228609_Screenshot2021-11-04at13_24_26.png.7c261bfe5a98647d514525fabdb9c1b7.png

Hi @eSaF thank you. I’ll try with another plist editor as I have used propertree as suggested by Dortania guide and it ordered the kexts automatically. Didn’t know about OCAuxiliary Tools app as I always used clover until now and I wish to try opencore as I read that is way better and will become the future tool to use. I’ll try and let you know. Thank you again!

12 minutes ago, Baio77 said:

@Deadpool post ioreg and EFI please , or set the kext order correctly in config , exemple 792441471_Schermata2021-11-04alle18_10_03.thumb.png.3a18508141be1c055688ac2c52f2a77b.png

if you have to load a DSDT instead check this350155369_Schermata2021-11-04alle18_11_32.thumb.png.d8001b0298200c67ba779228f8ecd86b.png

Hi @Baio77 great thanks. Should I order the kexts as per your image? Yes I have a DSDT and I think that the config is loading it correctly. The strange think is that the trackpad is working using clover but with opencore no. Which tool you use in the photo? Dortania guide does not recommend to use tools to modify the config file. Am I wrong? Thanks