CML UHD 630 - BAD PERFORMANCE with full acceleration enabled

Philipp_Dahobo

5 posts in this topic

I have a laptop hackintosh with Big Sur 11.5 with opencore bootloader.

Thanks to @vadammt  I got a working EFI folder. When trying the hackintosh out, i experience immense lagging on the user interface and the GPU usage is very high (about 50% when only switching pages in Launchpad and opening an app folder in Launchpad.) Even though graphics acceleration is working! The VRAM is 1536 MB and in system informations I see that the iGPU is metal compatible and the kext is loaded. So nothing there is wrong. The dedicated nvidia card is disabled.

It is an UHD 630 Comet Lake. The best about this joke is that my other older hackintosh with an Haswell HD 5000 iGPU outperforms the Comet Lake UHD 630 by double! How ridiculous! I tested this by running Big Sur from an external drive on both laptops with the same external monitor for testing. With the much older HD 5000, I got much much lower GPU usage and zero lagging with the GUI. 

Strange enough, I also tried the same youtube video in 4K on windows and on macos. On windows it runs smoothly (only using the UHD 630), and on macos it stutters extremly.

Does anyone have an idea about this? 

I mean, the iGPU is configured perfectly, graphics acceleration works too, but it performs very bad. I use the smbios of Macbook pro 16,1. Tried many others before, also MBP 16,4.

When reading through the forums, I noticed that many MBP 16 users also experience user interface lag, when their dGPU Radeon is off and the system is only running on the UHD 630. But how comes, this has not be complained about yet by Hackintoshers with the iGPU?...

I really recommend people to stay away from iGPU-only configurations with an intel UHD 630 comet lake. It seems not to be supported by macos, even though it COULD bring the performance needed, at least on windows it does - ha!

config.plist

Edited by Philipp_Dahobo
replaced config.plist
  • Like 1

• Philipp_Dahobo changed the title to CML UHD 630 - BAD PERFORMANCE with full acceleration enabled
21 hours ago, Allan said:

Send your IOREg output 

Here is the IOReg Output:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CnTvaV5ogY7ROQw5RwKZODczGLWyDlHt/view?usp=sharing

Intererestingly, It says "Macbook Air"...

By the way, I changed the config.plist in my post above, because I now boot with that one.

I also attached two screenshots. (Intersetingly, I also cannot change the refresh rate, the field is empty. In Windows I have two options, 59.94 Hz and 60.00 Hz)

Bildschirmfoto 2021-09-16 um 3.37.53 PM.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-09-16 um 1.42.53 PM.png

config.plist

On 9/14/2021 at 9:35 PM, Philipp_Dahobo said:

I have a laptop hackintosh with Big Sur 11.5 with opencore bootloader.

Thanks to @vadammt  I got a working EFI folder. When trying the hackintosh out, i experience immense lagging on the user interface and the GPU usage is very high (about 50% when only switching pages in Launchpad and opening an app folder in Launchpad.) Even though graphics acceleration is working! The VRAM is 1536 MB and in system informations I see that the iGPU is metal compatible and the kext is loaded. So nothing there is wrong. The dedicated nvidia card is disabled.

It is an UHD 630 Comet Lake. The best about this joke is that my other older hackintosh with an Haswell HD 5000 iGPU outperforms the Comet Lake UHD 630 by double! How ridiculous! I tested this by running Big Sur from an external drive on both laptops with the same external monitor for testing. With the much older HD 5000, I got much much lower GPU usage and zero lagging with the GUI. 

Strange enough, I also tried the same youtube video in 4K on windows and on macos. On windows it runs smoothly (only using the UHD 630), and on macos it stutters extremly.

Does anyone have an idea about this? 

I mean, the iGPU is configured perfectly, graphics acceleration works too, but it performs very bad. I use the smbios of Macbook pro 16,1. Tried many others before, also MBP 16,4.

When reading through the forums, I noticed that many MBP 16 users also experience user interface lag, when their dGPU Radeon is off and the system is only running on the UHD 630. But how comes, this has not be complained about yet by Hackintoshers with the iGPU?...

I really recommend people to stay away from iGPU-only configurations with an intel UHD 630 comet lake. It seems not to be supported by macos, even though it COULD bring the performance needed, at least on windows it does - ha!

config.plist 33.33 kB · 1 download

Try to add it

1855202153_2021-09-1911_24_00.png.55011e6018d026175d9b4b14cca4720b.png