OpenCore Menu huge text then freeze black screen purple lines

draylax

7 posts in this topic

I start up my Hackintosh OpenCore 0.7.2, notice now the OpenCore menu list is huge text not native resolution, then it boots and hangs with horizontal purple lines.

Hard shutdown and try boot again then OpenCore menu is normal text size and then hack will successfully boot.

IDK what is going on now, OpenCore always for me does unpredictable things like this.

Only thing changed was pmset hibernate mode was set to 3 I changed to 0 because this a desktop not portable. I changed back to 3 no change.

pmset proximity wake 0

config.plist nvram 

-v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 alcid=11 shikigva=80 kext-dev-mode=1

Some screenshots below maybe is enough to identify what is issues? thx

OpenCore-Boot-Lines.thumb.JPG.c015977a065e9fce74b7a175b2e5cfea.JPGOpenCore-Boot-Lines-NEW.thumb.JPG.8f782bea8eb8d7f6a713fb20169733c9.JPG

OpenCore-0.7.2-Folder-Structure.png

Hey Al and Hervé,

I didn't know:

kext-dev-mode=1

was deprecated, I had and needed this in Mojave to get an ATTO SCSI kernel extension installed, that probably was build back in Snow Leopard days, long before kernel signing. Monterey Kernel extensions are now in userspace so it has little use so I hadn't bothered to remove it.

I do notice some other strange entries under UEFI Reserved Memory, not sure what they are because the dortania guide doesn't cover them.

I added confg.plist after looking through entires again but I can't see anything particular to this issue with the freeze and the purple stripes.

Seems to boot ok after restart but cold boots it misbehaves.

config.plistConfig-Plist-ReservedMemory-Items.png.39327088754c79b4073e453156a255b2.png

6 hours ago, drayon said:

I do notice some other strange entries under UEFI Reserved Memory, not sure what they are because the dortania guide doesn't cover them.

As you can see at the screenshot, both aren't enabled. So, don't worry 😉

At my config.plist I just deleted it.

On 9/3/2021 at 3:46 AM, Hervé said:

What if you boot without the shikivga boot arg?

Hi, removing the shikivga boot-arg has no affect, I wasn't expecting it to either because the screenshot I posted is the BIOS splash screen, that boot arg probably won't have any influence until after OpenCore is polled.

anyway what's the boot order supposed to be set to in the BIOS with OpenCore any idea? Mine lists OpenCore as well as my macOS UEFI SSD's, currently I have set OpenCore as boot 1 and the UEFI macOS SSD as boot 2.