Need help with ITWLM

^GoJo^

8 posts in this topic

Hello, back on Hackintosh i need to understand how this thing works : tuto says "put kext in EFI/Clover-OC and edit config/plist" but how to edit it? I mean, i use Clover and KEXTS aren't listed in it AT ALL..!! Also need to confirm wether removing NullExternet kext was right thing to do or not?

Using Clover you don't need to worry about, just put it in the folder and done.

Now with OpenCore, you'll:

1 - Put the kext in the kext folder

2 - Open the config.plist and go to Kernel section, now you'll add the new kext in the list.

To remove kexts:

Clover - Just delete it.

OpenCore - Open the config.plist > Kernel > delete the kext listed in the plist, then go to the kext folder and delete the kext.

10 minutes ago, Allan said:

Using Clover you don't need to worry about, just put it in the folder and done.

Now with OpenCore, you'll:

1 - Put the kext in the kext folder

2 - Open the config.plist and go to Kernel section, now you'll add the new kext in the list.

I tried both airportitwlm and itwlm alone : With 1st one, NO CHANGES. With second, i do see a WiFi icon appearing in the tray but can't active WiFi (no card in settings)..? If i run HeliPort, it says ITWLM IS NOT RUNNING.. So i'm stuck!

Edited by ^GoJo^

5 hours ago, Allan said:

Post your entire EFI folder (zipped) + IOReg. And we can take a look

I can post the files when i get back to that computer. But why WHOLE EFI FOLDER? Don't you mean CLOVER? I'll need to edit config.plist to remove privacy parts..

Sorry i couldn't do it yet, busy. However i'd like to mention that on the same computer model, I could get Catalina to work with ITWLM + Heliport & BigSur with AirportITWLM. The latter was using OC in place of CLOVER, but that should be a reason..? All there is in EFI folder related to ITWLM is the kext. There is NOTHING in config.plist or else, which is the way it's supposed to be.. And which is why i asked you need this!