Help Audio Device ALC 892 Not Working After Update to the lastest Big Sur 11.5.2

11 posts in this topic

Hello! I need your help.

I have Big Sur installed Using Opencore 0.7.2 and everything works fine Until I Update The Lastest Big Sure 11.5.2. When Update Finished No Output And Input Device For My ALc892. but HDMI Audio WorkFine. 

I'm using AppleALC.Kext + Lilu but and test any Layuot ID number  for Alc 892 it doesn't work too.

I've try Fix using SSDT HPET it same too. 

I would be immensely grateful if anyone can provide a solution!

Asus P8P67 Rev.3 Intel Core i3 3225 Nvidia Gt710

Screen Shot 2021-08-25 at 00.53.09.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-25 at 00.52.17.png

Ioreg.ioreg AudioCodecs.txt config.plist

Screen Shot 2021-08-25 at 00.58.56.png

Edited by jenderalmabuk

Posted (edited)

not work too

7 minutes ago, miliuco said:

@jenderalmabuk

Please complete your signature (user >> profile).

Try deleting audio entry (PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1B,0x0)) from DeviceProperties and adding alcid=3 in boot-args. 

I've test That. Still Not Working. when i change the layout number it change the output and input device on HDMI Audio. but still no audio device on my Alc 892. 

Screen Shot 2021-08-25 at 00.52.17.png

Edited by jenderalmabuk

Try alcid=99 in boot args

OR

Remove alcid from boot args, add (PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1B,0x0)) to device properties with layout-id 63000000

OR

Remove alcid from boot args, remove applealc kext and add voodoohda.kext

• Like 3

6 hours ago, sam298 said:

Try alcid=99 in boot args

OR

Remove alcid from boot args, add (PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1B,0x0)) to device properties with layout-id 63000000

OR

Remove alcid from boot args, remove applealc kext and add voodoohda.kext

I've try 3 of them but still not work.

1 hour ago, Allan said:

Glad to know that is working now 😃

Thanks bro...🙏

but there a little problem. when i shutdown the computer and power on the computer again the sound device missing. so i must restart the pc to get the sound device work again. 

On 8/26/2021 at 8:30 AM, jenderalmabuk said:

Thanks bro...🙏

but there a little problem. when i shutdown the computer and power on the computer again the sound device missing. so i must restart the pc to get the sound device work again. 

It means you haven't installed the correct driver. This also happens in windows when wrong driver is installed.

I'd suggest to remove voodoohda and add applealc and try each codec number one by one and see which one works. If none of the alc892 codec works, you have no option other than going back to voodoohda. Maybe ask in those forums.