Laptop audio not working Realtek ALC290 AppleALC

Luxury Hair

10 posts in this topic

HI Everyone,

So I have build a hackintosh on my laptop.
Specs:
Hp Pavilion 14 Notebook
CPU: I7 5500U
GPU: Intel HD 5500 + Geforce 840M(Not using)
Ram: 8gb
Wireless Card: BCM43142 (Written BCM943142HM on card)
Audio: Realtek ALC290
BootLoader: OpenCore 0.7.0
Screen: Elan Touch Screen USB

The main problem is The audio is not working at all. There is no device in system information and nothing is working on headphone ports. I have tried voodooHDA but it only showed Digital HDMI which is useless. I have also tried layout ids for ALC290 listed on AppleAlc supported codecs page but nothing worked. Please help me with this. I have also issue with internet and the touch screen works perfectly with UPDD driver. But please help me with the sound!!!

I have attached the EFI using OpenCore 0.7.0 so please check if something is wrong.

Thanks.

EFI_Laptop.zip

41 minutes ago, Luxury Hair said:

HI Everyone,

So I have build a hackintosh on my laptop.
Specs:
Hp Pavilion 14 Notebook
CPU: I7 5500U
GPU: Intel HD 5500 + Geforce 840M(Not using)
Ram: 8gb
Wireless Card: BCM43142 (Written BCM943142HM on card)
Audio: Realtek ALC290
BootLoader: OpenCore 0.7.0
Screen: Elan Touch Screen USB

The main problem is The audio is not working at all. There is no device in system information and nothing is working on headphone ports. I have tried voodooHDA but it only showed Digital HDMI which is useless. I have also tried layout ids for ALC290 listed on AppleAlc supported codecs page but nothing worked. Please help me with this. I have also issue with internet and the touch screen works perfectly with UPDD driver. But please help me with the sound!!!

I have attached the EFI using OpenCore 0.7.0 so please check if something is wrong.

Thanks.

EFI_Laptop.zip 6.92 MB · 0 downloads

You don't see dsdt.aml in your EFI,
Add audio device in deviceproperties. Please refer to:https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config-laptop.plist/broadwell.html#deviceproperties

AppleALC Supported Codecs https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/wiki/Supported-codecs

QQ20210724-214653.thumb.png.b9c7db6502db7a1bc4188f3d3d254309.pngQQ20210724-215148.png.9db9b9f4a4bec788446344863b847475.png

Just now, Hervé said:

Broadcom BCM94312 chipset (14e4:4365) is unsupported so you will have to replace your current card by a supported model or use a USB dongle.

When you used VoodooHDA, did you also use AppleHDADisabler alongside? Did you double check in DPCIManager or Hackintool that codec is indeed ALC290?

Thanks for the response.

For the chipset, I will get a usb dongle or supported card. 

No, I didn't used AppleHDADisabler. I just used the .dmg file to install it. After installing, it didn't showed any device as it has issue in BS 11.3+. Then I watched a video and moved the VoodooHDA kext to /Library/Extensions using terminal and removed it from OC/Kext and .plist file. After doing this, It showed a Digital HDMI which is not connected and no use for me. So I decided to stick with AppleALC.

I check the codec using AIDA64 on Windows. On the DPCIManager, the Codec column is empty.

Thanks

Just now, Devon.. said:

Thanks for the response.

Before adding it in DeviceProperties, I used the alcid=[layout-id from supported codecs] but none of the layout id worked. Then I followed dortania guide for pciroot layout id and I think 1C=28. But this also didn't worked.

I was in a very similar predicament to you not too long ago. The only thing that made the layout ids do stuff to my speakers when injecting them was adding CodecCommander.kext, and copying the device properties for my codec to the default section of that kext's info.plist.

I don’t see any custom properties listed for the ALC290 in CodecCommander, but only add them if you need them. I don’t know what properties you need, but I would try the ALC292 properties possibly if the current properties don’t do anything. If that fails, download the 2017 version of the kext and make your changes (that’s what I’m currently using).

Maybe it’ll be different for you, but adding the layout id as a device property in my config.plist file never worked for me for some reason…

The layout id injection for me only worked through boot arguments, and afterwards I removed the boot argument and added the layout id to my DSDT.

Finally, don't forget to add the kext to your config file!

Thanks everyone for your help. I tried voodoohda with applehdadisabler kext and it worked.
I have tested speakers and headphones. Didn’t tested microphone but it is showing in input devices.

one issue that i still have is the volume of speakers. But i get decent sound from speaker if i max out everything from voodoohda prefpane. However, when i restart, voodoohda settings set to default and i have to manually increase volume each time. Anyone know how can i fix it?

And one more thing. The touch screen is working with updd driver which is a trial version and cost $95 for license which i am not going to pay. Anyone know any touchscreen driver for usb touchscreen. Even with single touch?

• 1 year later...