Big Sur 11.2.2 Z370 Gaming 5 - I7 8700K - 3080RTX

17 posts in this topic

Hi guys
I want to install Big Sur on my device, but we know that Nvidia support has stopped on new versions of Mac after 10.3.6
I'm hoping for help Can I use IGPU 630 and do a dual boot as I use Windows with 3080 RTX and use MacOS on intel UHD630
And if it is possible and there is a way, what are the Bois settings on MB and what is the use of the optimum EFI
Please provide any help regarding this and thank you

2 hours ago, galaxy888 said:

Hi guys
I want to install Big Sur on my device...

Please complete your signature (user > profile).

Do you already have an EFI that boots macOS on your PC? Just ask how to configure it so that Windows uses the Nvidia and macOS uses the Intel iGPU?

4 hours ago, miliuco said:

Please complete your signature (user > profile).

Well
please  help 
Unfortunately I don't have it. I'm looking for a file that is ready to work because I tried a lot of it that freezes on the Apple logo and restarts
I hope to get something. I have an attached file. I think it needs to add an Intel driver in order for it to boot. Is it possible to look at it and help me?

EFI iMac19.2.zip

@GEMY

Please complete you signature. See mine or Allan’s one. Allan has posted instructions. 

After that, we can try to help you. 

9 hours ago, miliuco said:

@GEMY

Please complete you signature. See mine or Allan’s one. Allan has posted instructions. 

After that, we can try to help you. 

complated done .. please help

To have 2 graphics cards and use one with Windows and the other with macOS, you have to:

• connect 1 cable to the monitor from each GPU (2 x HDMI or one HDMI and one DisplayPort) to avoid changing the cable from one GPU to another when changing systems
  • disable the GPU you don't want to use in Windows
  • disable the GPU you don't want to use on macOS.

I don't know how to disable a GPU in Windows but to do it in macOS there are sites with instructions.

Disabling desktops unsupported GPUs (SSDT-GPU-DISABLE)

Option 2: Blocking discrete GPUs from MacOS

The easiest way to do this is with WhateverGreen's disable-gpu switch. You have to know the PCI path to the GPU that you want to disable. For example, if it's PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) DeviceProperties looks like this:

gpu.thumb.png.2b44edd1c9a6ecaa315066452e050359.png

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 2
Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, miliuco said:

To have 2 graphics cards and use one with Windows and the other with macOS, you have to:

Thank you for the help and attention I did it in Windows
But the second method on the Mac, I do not understand it or do it
Can you help me in installing and configuring a EFI file that deals with my PC I hope for help. I know that I make many requests, but I trust you. Thank you, brother.

Edited by GEMY

@GEMY

In ACPi folder there is a SSDT-RX 5700 XT-Version 1.0.aml file. Do you have a RX 5700 plugged into your machine?

In ACPi folder there is SSDT-UIAC.aml and in Kexts folder there is USBMap.kext> is it an USB ports map specific for your mother board?

In Kexts folder there is DAGPM.kext> it's not useful for Intel iGPUs.

What device is PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0) located at DeviceProperties with a layout-id = 05000000?

agdpmod=pikera in boot-args is for RX 5700 card.

Question: do you want to use Intel iGPU with macOS as single card? Disabling GeForce RTX 3080?

I'll do changes in config.plist after reading your answers.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

Hello  bro @miliuco

•  

In ACPi folder there is a SSDT-RX 5700 XT-Version 1.0.aml file. Do you have a RX 5700 plugged into your machine?

not  have  this  card  please  remove

In ACPi folder there is SSDT-UIAC.aml and in Kexts folder there is USBMap.kext> is it an USB ports map specific for your mother board?

Yes 

In Kexts folder there is DAGPM.kext> it's not useful for Intel iGPUs.

ok  i  delete 

What device is PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0) located at DeviceProperties with a layout-id = 05000000?

I don't understand how I can know it because I'm new to the world of Mac

agdpmod=pikera in boot-args is for RX 5700 card.

please slove  it 

Question: do you want to use Intel iGPU with macOS as single card? Disabling GeForce RTX 3080?

Yes, I want to use an intel VGA card in a macOS
And if I need use a 3080 card on a Windows gaming system
Please help, I know I'm tired of you because of my problems :)

Edited by GEMY

@GEMY

This is your EFI with changes:

• SSDT-RX 5700 XT-Version 1.0.aml removed
  • DAGPM.kext removed
  • device PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0) located at DeviceProperties with layout-id=05000000 removed
  • added properties for iGPU in device PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)
  • added boot-args: igfxonln=1 -disablegfxfirmware -wegnoegpu, the first 2 for the iGPU to be the main card and the third to disable dGPU
  • modified USBMap.kext, it was set for iMac19.1 but you are using iMac19.2.

Try and comment. If this EFI doesn't work, I don't have anything else for you.

Note: at first boot with a new EFI, always do ResetNVRAM.

Note: it's to be used with iGPU as main card in BIOS and cable from iGPU to display.

GEMY iMac19.2.zip

Edited by miliuco
1 hour ago, miliuco said:

@GEMY

This is your EFI with changes:

• SSDT-RX 5700 XT-Version 1.0.aml removed
  • DAGPM.kext removed
  • device PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0) located at DeviceProperties with layout-id=05000000 removed
  • added properties for iGPU in device PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)
  • added boot-args: igfxonln=1 -disablegfxfirmware -wegnoegpu, the first 2 for the iGPU to be the main card and the third to disable dGPU
  • modified USBMap.kext, it was set for iMac19.1 but you are using iMac19.2.

Try and comment. If this EFI doesn't work, I don't have anything else for you.

Note: at first boot with a new EFI, always do ResetNVRAM.

Note: it's to be used with iGPU as main card in BIOS and cable from iGPU to display.

GEMY iMac19.2.zip 2.2 MB · 1 download

the old file no new edit @miliuco

7 hours ago, miliuco said:

No, it’s a new pack with changes, don’t be confused. 

hello 
not  work  when boot  apple logo restart 

• Sad 1