Issue with msi nvidia gt730 v2 ddr3 2GB

ovidoi

6 posts in this topic

Hi, I installed Mac os Monterey on my signature configuration, 
a week ago and I upgraded the video card, in sierra it works without problems, 
the sierra tell metal=supported 
but in monterey after booting when the apple has to appear the monitor 
turns off and the led just flashes as if would come out of the resolution. 
The drivers are loaded see the capture in the attachment, nvdagf100hal and gk so support 
for fermi and kepler, those for nvdagf100hal are loaded but can enter the desktop only 
with nv_disable = 1. What do you advise me to do, 
this is the only video card I could afford to buy, thanks in advance.

Screen Shot 2021-06-20 at 11.29.13.png

Edited by ovidoi

8 hours ago, Hervé said:

NVDAGF100Hal kext loaded -> your GT730 is a Fermi model and therefore unsupported beyond Sierra. It's very buggy to plain unusable in High Sierra and later. Tons of threads/posts on the matter, look these up. Only a Kepler GT730 is supported in 10.13 and later macOS versions. There's absolutely nothing you can do about your Fermi card except replace it. No fix, no workaround, nothing.

If you want to keep this card, Sierra is the last version you'll be able to run properly.

HI, but this is a official kext from Apple for fermi model, how it is not supported when charged if it is for this type of gpu,

and all extensions are charged the same in both Sierra and Monterey, the monitor behaves as if it is "out of range" ie it gives a higher resolution than supports or a great refresh.

Anyway, it's the beta version and there are probably still problems, when I wanted to install big sur I couldn't at all, 
but when the final version appeared I managed to install it even though I asked for advice and help and I didn't receive much,
only answers negative, I will be able to do this too. Sierra loads in 10 seconds, Monterey in 15 seconds.

Sorry, i use sometimes google translate

At the stores that sell online in Romania, I don't say what kind of core the board has, I tried to change the order but I didn't succeed, so maybe I can do something, I can't afford to buy another one.

• 1 month later...