Motherboards that will offer iGPU HDMI output for i7 10700

6 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I am trying to build a new Hackintosh, bought the i7 and looking for a cheaper alternative to the z490 chipset.... could still end up buying it but I see other boards such as the B460 DSH3 AC from Gigabyte a bit over half the price with working wifi... I also saw there is the same version but 1 gen newer, the B560 AC which is even cheaper in price, however, I have read a couple of posts across the internet of people saying that on these mobos the iGPU will not work, at least with HDMI. Anyone with experience on this tat can give me some advise? Built in WiFi supportwould be nice to have but I also have a working dongle

I bought myself the Asus b%60-F with 11700K Rocket lake cpu. Everywhere that I have asked for advice or posted or read says that ni IGPU is working, even with Comet Lake I believe it is nearly impossible to get IGPU working properly and will have to use a graphics card. I am taking my equipment back to the shop today, really sad because I wanted to get the 11th Get working on MacOS. 

well 11th gen Intel CPUs were never used in Apple hardware.... this is why I went for the 10700 instead and I have seen the iGPU working on these. If you already have a 9700 it doesn't make any sense to do the upgrade..... the improvement would be marginal. I was looking into the 9700 first which is what you already have... but the 10700 was the same price.... now I need to find a good mb that will offer built in video output. I do have a working GPU but would prefer to do without it on this particular build

Edited by cadash

15 hours ago, cadash said:

well 11th gen Intel CPUs were never used in Apple hardware.... this is why I went for the 10700 instead and I have seen the iGPU working on these. If you already have a 9700 it doesn't make any sense to do the upgrade..... the improvement would be marginal. I was looking into the 9700 first which is what you already have... but the 10700 was the same price.... now I need to find a good mb that will offer built in video output. I do have a working GPU but would prefer to do without it on this particular build

I managed to get my hack working with Monterey, for some reason it does not want to run big sur. i am installing Catalina now and hopefully upgrade to Big Sur that way. The reason i wanted the 11th gen board is that its so much faster and offers much more than the 9th gen that i have.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BALDY_MAN said:

@ caddash Gigabyte-Z490-Vision-D seems a trouble free motherboard

thank you! In the end I went with an aorus b460

10 hours ago, surenmunoo said:

I managed to get my hack working with Monterey, for some reason it does not want to run big sur. i am installing Catalina now and hopefully upgrade to Big Sur that way. The reason i wanted the 11th gen board is that its so much faster and offers much more than the 9th gen that i have.

well.... besides the automatic day/night theme switch I don't see any notable changes in Big Sur, I would stick with Catalina and then make the jump directly to Monterey if you keep having issues with Big Sur....