10 posts in this topic

Developers are being given a preview version of macOS Monterey today and a public beta will be available this summer (in July).

The final version will be available to the general public in the fall.

View full article

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I do not know, I just watched the keynote and everything related to the new macOS, nothing convinced me.

I just had a feel like all only was like a big smokescreen.

• Haha 1

I think that the great jump from Catalina to Big Sur is difficult to repeat. We will wait to learn more about the new system.

They talked more than half of hour about iOS and how it is 'secured' but nothing about macOS security... they just talked about... Safari.  😕 I'm maybe exaggerating a little bit but it was really poor. 

15 minutes ago, fantomas said:

They talked more than half of hour about iOS and how it is 'secured' but nothing about macOS security... they just talked about... Safari.  😕 I'm maybe exaggerating a little bit but it was really poor. 

We already know that iOS is more secure than macOS but, yes, it seems a bit poor presentation.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2021 at 7:50 PM, fantomas said:

At least, they made a wink to us?  😁

As if we were "pirates" when we're pirating noting, just patching on the fly for vanilla installs.

On 6/20/2021 at 2:36 PM, 1Ale1 said:

As if we were "pirates" when we're pirating noting, just patching on the fly for vanilla installs.

The bird pinned to the pirate explain clearly on the fly hhhh :hysterical:, the are aware of it!

• Haha 1

Let's not flatter ourselves. :P

More of a wink to history and Tim's dear pal Steve Jobs than our community of unworthy little worms... Old gits like me may know of or remember the pirate flag that flew over the Macintosh office building at Cupertino in the early 80s after Steve Jobs told the board "it's better to be a pirate than join the navy". An era long gone... in History (with capital H).

Apple_pirate_flag.jpeg

https://www.folklore.org/StoryView.py?story=Pirate_Flag.txt

Former Apple Macintosh graphic designer Susan Kare (who hand-painted the original pirate flag - lady in green shirt standing at the right of John Sculley and Steve Jobs on above picture) now sells them USD $5 000.

https://kareprints.com/products/canvas-pirate-flag-hand-painted

SusanKare_Apple.jpeg

• Like 3