Following the Opencore guide > Which SSDTs do I need?

flexmcmurphy

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am trying to make a macOS installer for a Catalina hackintosh. I used SSDTTime to create SSDTs to go in the ACPI section of my config.plist.

But the Opencore guide for my processor has other SSDTs it says I should put in the 'Add' section. They are SSDTs that SSDTTime didn't make for me at all. Is it safe to ignore the SSDTs listed in the Opencore guide and rely on the SSDTTime tool to tell you all the SSDTs you really need?

Or should I include the SSDTs generated by SSDTTime AND also get the SSDTs the Opencore guide says I will need?

Thanks.

10 hours ago, flexmcmurphy said:

Hello,

I am trying to make a macOS installer for a Catalina hackintosh. I used SSDTTime to create SSDTs to go in the ACPI section of my config.plist.

But the Opencore guide for my processor has other SSDTs it says I should put in the 'Add' section. They are SSDTs that SSDTTime didn't make for me at all. Is it safe to ignore the SSDTs listed in the Opencore guide and rely on the SSDTTime tool to tell you all the SSDTs you really need?

Or should I include the SSDTs generated by SSDTTime AND also get the SSDTs the Opencore guide says I will need?

Thanks.

Use the ssdts produced by SSDTTime. Post successful installation of Hackintosh, you can play with SSDTs

• Like 1

Guest 5T33Z0

Since you use a laptop you definitely need more than what SSDTime can provide. For example my Lenovo T530 needs 15 SSDTs plus about 30 binary renames to make it work.

Getting Laptops to work with macOS is a lot easier with Clover than OpenCore if you are a novice.

Edited by 5T33Z0