Jump to content

ALC 287 - Lenovo Legion S7 - troubleshooting


10 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi, thanks for being on this forum, so far it has been very helpful.

 

I managed to install BigSur on this laptop using opencore. I am slowly fixing things, however audio has been a pain to resolve. I've been following Dortania's guide for AppleALC and found out that my codec 3306 is actually 287. I tried layout 11 with boot-arg however w/o success. IO registry is showing that AppleALC has problems patching audio however for this codec layout 11 is the only one supported.

 

I tried to compose my own layout, with pinconfigurator and some guide I found on the Internet, however without success. Does anybody have any idea how to proceed?

 

Thanks

codec_dump.txt config.plist ioreg export.zip

  • Matess_K changed the title to ALC 287 - Lenovo Legion S7 - troubleshooting
On 6/3/2021 at 12:32 AM, Matess_K said:

Hi, thanks for being on this forum, so far it has been very helpful.

 

I managed to install BigSur on this laptop using opencore. I am slowly fixing things, however audio has been a pain to resolve. I've been following Dortania's guide for AppleALC and found out that my codec 3306 is actually 287. I tried layout 11 with boot-arg however w/o success. IO registry is showing that AppleALC has problems patching audio however for this codec layout 11 is the only one supported.

 

I tried to compose my own layout, with pinconfigurator and some guide I found on the Internet, however without success. Does anybody have any idea how to proceed?

 

Thanks

codec_dump.txt 9.89 kB · 2 downloads config.plist 34.76 kB · 2 downloads ioreg export.zip 4.13 MB · 1 download

 

I had a similar problem with my Lenovo laptop. For me the solution is disabling HPET. Please find attached aml, replace the existing HPET aml with this one. Reboot and try. It may solve. 

 

SSDT-HPET-OFF.aml

18 hours ago, sbhas2k said:

 

I had a similar problem with my Lenovo laptop. For me the solution is disabling HPET. Please find attached aml, replace the existing HPET aml with this one. Reboot and try. It may solve. 

 

SSDT-HPET-OFF.aml 80 B · 1 download

I don't think it is related.

On 6/2/2021 at 10:02 PM, Matess_K said:

Hi, thanks for being on this forum, so far it has been very helpful.

 

I managed to install BigSur on this laptop using opencore. I am slowly fixing things, however audio has been a pain to resolve. I've been following Dortania's guide for AppleALC and found out that my codec 3306 is actually 287. I tried layout 11 with boot-arg however w/o success. IO registry is showing that AppleALC has problems patching audio however for this codec layout 11 is the only one supported.

 

I tried to compose my own layout, with pinconfigurator and some guide I found on the Internet, however without success. Does anybody have any idea how to proceed?

 

Thanks

codec_dump.txt 9.89 kB · 2 downloads config.plist 34.76 kB · 3 downloads ioreg export.zip 4.13 MB · 1 download

Consider to use VoodooHDA instead.

2 hours ago, Slice said:

I don't think it is related.

Consider to use VoodooHDA instead.

 

VoodooHDA is not that great. I have used it, volume was too low, my internal mic was not working etc. After fixing the ALC, performance was back to normal. 

Nevertheless, if you are happy with voodoo enjoy using it :)

12 hours ago, sbhas2k said:

 

VoodooHDA is not that great. I have used it, volume was too low, my internal mic was not working etc. After fixing the ALC, performance was back to normal. 

Nevertheless, if you are happy with voodoo enjoy using it :)

Volume can be adjusted by the knob. Continue trust to AppleHDA advantages. 

On 6/5/2021 at 6:55 AM, Slice said:

I don't think it is related.

Consider to use VoodooHDA instead.

Hi, I tried and it kinda works - thanks. It recognized speakers and headphones, however sound comes only from headphones when chosen. When speakers are chosen there is no sound. Do you have any idea what could cause this?

 

Thanks

screenshot.png

screenshot2.png

screenshot3.png

13 hours ago, Slice said:

There are some tutorials how to tune voodooHDA. You have to produce a codec dump with the utility getdump and then analyse it.

I managed to produce codec dump and noticed that the speakers nodes are disabled, I tried to edit the config.plist inside the VoodooHDA.kext however it didn't manage to solve the problem. Could you point me to some tutorial or help me? Thanks

codecdumpvoodoohda.rtf Info.plist

9 hours ago, Matess_K said:

I managed to produce codec dump and noticed that the speakers nodes are disabled, I tried to edit the config.plist inside the VoodooHDA.kext however it didn't manage to solve the problem. Could you point me to some tutorial or help me? Thanks

codecdumpvoodoohda.rtf 26.06 kB · 1 download Info.plist 4.21 kB · 0 downloads

As I see the Speaker is present

Playback:

    nid=23 [pin: Speaker (Analog)]
      |
      + <- nid=2 [audio output] [src: pcm] bindSeq=00000001

And can be tuned by rotating knob

Снимок экрана 2021-06-10 в 21.40.25.png

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...