Finder keeps freezing (spinning beachball) with OC 0.6.9 and Big Sur

6 posts in this topic

I switched to OpenCore when it was first available, and virtually all of my installations have functioned perfectly.  I have recently developed an annoying problem where Finder stops functioning (I get the dreaded spinning beachball) and I need to hard reset my machine, including removing the power plug.  

After I reinsert the power plug, the machine boots up without issue and everything works perfectly.  Unfortunately, the Finder issue happens completely randomly and forces me to go through the above procedure virtually every day.  I suspect it is something in my config.plist and have tried three different versions.  I have checked all three versions with the OpenCore Utilities OCConfigCompare and ocvalidate, and no issues are flagged?  I would appreciate any insight since I am baffled at this point.

It could be anything...

It's impossible to suggest anything without knowing the system's specs and the setup you're using. So, please post your hardware specs (ideally, add them in signature like most people do, as recommended) and a zipped copy of your bootloader EFI folder.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Hervé said:

It could be anything...

It's impossible to suggest anything without knowing the system's specs and the setup you're using. So, please post your hardware specs (ideally, add them in signature like most people do, as recommended) and a zipped copy of your bootloader EFI folder.

Sorry about that.  I have not been on the site in a while and did not realize my signature was no longer there.  

On 5/16/2021 at 5:55 PM, ellaosx said:

It could be your (i)GPU

Thanks for the suggestion.  I have tried all recommended settings for Skylake desktops that use Radeon RX 560 video cards and none of them has made a difference.