Some unreported OpenCore 0.6.8 issues

mengshi

3 posts in this topic

So i have gone thru the process of updating to 0.6.8. I am running multiboot with Windows 10 on a separate SSD. A few things I noted.

1. When running OpenCanopy

- There is no mouse pointer

- the keypress are hyperfast, I am unable to land on some of the tools.

2. When using Built-in (text) picker, the same thing is happening with the cursor selection. Hyperfast.

3. I now have 2 Windows 10 boot entries on the Picker selection. I do not know how to get rid of one - anyone can help. Nothing to to with HideAuxillary here because it is not an Auxillary item.

Edited by mengshi
correction

Hi - I would say your Installation is completely borked. The stage you're at right now, personally I would remove the OS X disk and boot windows to insure that installation is ok. If windows is ok remove that disk and replace the the OS X one and reinstall the OS, if this installation checks out ok, replace the windows disk and see if dual booting is back in place. It is a long winded solution but it will minimize cross data corruption between the two installations. Good luck.

6 hours ago, eSaF said:

Hi - I would say your Installation is completely borked. The stage you're at right now, personally I would remove the OS X disk and boot windows to insure that installation is ok. If windows is ok remove that disk and replace the the OS X one and reinstall the OS, if this installation checks out ok, replace the windows disk and see if dual booting is back in place. It is a long winded solution but it will minimize cross data corruption between the two installations. Good luck.

Everything works. Only duplicated Windows 10 boot entries. I use 1,2,3,...... for the Built-in picker. Start up disk under System Preference only shows Mac and 1 Windows.

Someone mentioned recreating the EFI under Windows....