Medion 8818 issues

mathias

106 posts in this topic

Hi Guys !

I just wanted to let you know I'm not longer a Medion 8818 user ... well ... ok just half :)

I bought a new Mobo : Intel DQ965CO (µBTX) , the rest is still "powered by aldi"

Now I have vanilla kernel running , no sata probs anymore and the network probs are also gone...

And boot time is twice as fast as with the MSI mobo (sata + less errors = faster boot)

The mobo was around 100€.

BTW , if you want the gfx string I used I'll post it in here ...

If you have PC_EFI v8 you don't need NVInject,natit or titan anymore

Greetz

Axethrower

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all,

Me 2 axe, i upgraded my hardware a couple of months ago, sold the medion. Bought an Asus Maximus Motherboard with a 2.4 quad 6600 & 8800GT

installed with kalyway 10.5.1, everything working ok from default install :rolleyes: (yes even on sata with guid)

• 2 years later...

Hi guys! May be, it not at list, but I want you to help me with my MEDION P8610 - there is no topics about it allaround this forum, and I can't start a new topic.

So: I tried to install Leo4All, also iDeneb, iAtkos and even a retail version (from Easy EFI) of Leo 10.5. But... there is nothing. Better results was on iDeneb version 1.3 - it was fully installing and even loading with flag "-x". Then I choose a country, keybourd layout, bla-bla-bla, and check to do no backup. And after it, it was just thinking some time and starts over again from choosing country.

If it loads without any flags, there is an Apple logo and loading animation (circle) - animation turns about 30 seconds and then stops. And then nothing.

Chipset is NForce MPC79, Video GeForce 9600, 4 Gb RAM, 300 Gb HDD on GUID. SATA is already on AHCI.

Thanks!