OpenCore Wallpaper

27 posts in this topic

I've created a 5K (5120x2880) wallpaper dedicated to OpenCore.

OpenCore_Wallpaper_5K_v1.3.thumb.jpg.73f35ce7c1d2b85bd7e9f1ab32631457.jpg

Updated to v1.1:

I've updated the file due to leaving a photoshop layer enabled which shouldn't have been. You can see the difference in this sample section here where there's a light edge to the OpenCore text in the centre of the circle.

Updated to v1.2:

Updated again with an updated chain link fence as I didn't like the way it was.

Updated to v1.3:

- Change inner ribbon lines to have a less wavy effect.

- Fixed spelling for LAUNCHEROPTION (Thanks @miliuco)

Edited by blackosx
Update to v1.3
  • Like 7

45 minutes ago, blackosx said:

I've created a 5K (5120x2880) wallpaper dedicated to OpenCore...

I love it!!! With tribute to acidanthera included!!! :thumbsup_anim:

It looks very nice.

blackosx-opencore.thumb.png.d233dbc96094f586c3fb6d301abddc7c.png

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good to hear it's being liked :)

I've updated the image to v1.1 as I spotted an issue with the one I posted earlier (see opening post).

48 minutes ago, antuneddu said:

:thumbsup_anim: Also nice as a boot gui...you never get bored here Thank you! 

Heh, yeah :P. You beat me to it. Using this image in an OpenCore theme is on my to do list...

You can see the origins of the badge in the backgrounds of the themes I've been working on. For example BsxDark1_ or BsxDarkSpace1_ or even just the badge itself without the faint background image like in BsxRedOldApple_

If I get time tomorrow I may work on variations of this wallpaper, or maybe generate others at different resolution If anyone wants it?

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, blackosx said:

Good to hear it's being liked :)

I've updated the image to v1.1 as I spotted an issue with the one I posted earlier (see opening post).

Heh, yeah :P. You beat me to it. Using this image in an OpenCore theme is on my to do list...

You can see the origins of the badge in the backgrounds of the themes I've been working on. For example BsxDark1_ or BsxDarkSpace1_ or even just the badge itself without the faint background image like in BsxRedOldApple_

If I get time tomorrow I may work on variations of this wallpaper, or maybe generate others at different resolution If anyone wants it?

Yes, in fact, I used the BsxDark1 icons, I yellowed them one :wink_anim:. If you have time and desire to create, nothing is thrown away here, the only problem between you and chris1111, I think I will need another unit to contain all the themes :hysterical:

• Like 2

@chris1111 I don’t know. 

My experience with logos in the corporate world tells me that you need to at least leave more blank space around the logo to let it breathe and not have the lines visible through the hole.

As for the OpenCore logo, its best to ask the guys at acidanthera. @Andrey1970 did say artists can use the OpenCore logo without modification so let’s see what he says.

8 minutes ago, blackosx said:

@chris1111 I don’t know. 

My experience with logos in the corporate world tells me that you need to at least leave more blank space around the logo to let it breathe and not have the lines visible through the hole.

As for the OpenCore logo, its best to ask the guys at acidanthera. @Andrey1970 did say artists can use the OpenCore logo without modification so let’s see what he says.

Thanks I will start with other thing :lol:

Like this

Demo.thumb.png.6e0603f998d72526046b6df5f1d8a18f.png

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 1

I've updated the original image in the opening post with a revised version.

I'm now created a second 5K wallpaper which is a closer view of the first image.

OpenCore_Wallpaper_5K_2_v1.1.thumb.jpg.e4bc5cb801c458e612db476743f716da.jpg

Updated to v1.1 to match other wallpaper image.

- Change inner ribbon lines to have a less wavy effect

- Fixed spelling for LAUNCHEROPTION (Thanks @miliuco)

Edited by blackosx
Update to v1.1
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, blackosx said:

I'm now created a second 5K wallpaper which is a closer view of the first image...

Very pretty. More than the previous

44 minutes ago, blackosx said:

I'm now created a second 5K wallpaper which is a closer view of the first image...

It's a minor thing but I see AUNCHEROPTION instead of LAUNCHEROPTION :)

• Thanks 1

Good Spot! grrr..... :(

I made a mistake when extracting all the keys from OpenCore's Sample.plist. I see it now when going back through my design stages...

Thanks for letting me know..

EDIT: fixed (in both images)

Edited by blackosx

5 hours ago, blackosx said:

Good Spot! grrr..... :(

I made a mistake when extracting all the keys from OpenCore's Sample.plist. I see it now when going back through my design stages...

Thanks for letting me know..

EDIT: fixed (in both images)

:thumbsup_anim:

13 minutes ago, miliuco said:

@blackosx

The wallpaper looks nice as OC background.

Yes. It does. :P

I’m working on adapting these wallpapers, alongside revised icons (based on the clean white icons from BsxDark_), to best fit the OpenCanopy experience. I hope to get time this weekend to get it done.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, blackosx said:

I hope to get time this weekend to get it done.

Can hardly wait, so less talk just crack on :hysterical: . Hope you can forgive my impertinence Bro, all said in jest. :)

3 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

Here my Wallpaer creation, really simple black white

Ooooh - I like this one Chris - man I can hardly keep up with all the new creations. :drool:

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, chris1111 said:

I share with you two other very special ones with the light effect :D The two background works with the Bootloader on the resources theme ;)

BS-Exposure...

They are as the Hall of Fame :D

• Like 1