[Guide] USBMapping for Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master with OpenCore 0.6.6. Catalina 10.15.7

l35l33

2 posts in this topic

USB MAPPING GUIDE

I just want to share my USBMap.kext and how to map them on Z390 Aorus Master in case someone might need it.

MY SETUP : 

1UrucV5.jpg

BACK PANEL : 4 USB2 ports and 6 USB 3 ports 

1. I left alone the 4 USB2 ports, since macos recognizes them no problem
  2. As for the 6 USB3 ports, i configured 3 ports for exclusively USB3 devices (meaning if i connect USB2 device on them, they wont be activated) 
  3. and the other 3 as normal USB3 ports with backward compatibility.

FRONT PANEL : 2 USB3 ports and 2 USB2 ports on my front panel

1. For the 2 USB3 ports, I configured 1 for exclusively USB3 devices and the other one normally with backward compatibility.
  2. 2 USB2 ports works normally 

Note : Dont worry about the address, you dont need to patch or modify them. Their names (HS01,HS02,SS03,SS04, etc) are all you need to note

The guide is for those who want to set it up differently. My USBMap.kext is attached just for reference.

THE GUIDE

So the process of USB mapping is essentially :

1. Find out how many USB ports are available in IORegistryExplorer / Hackintool
  2. Find out how many USB ports are in your back panel and front panel
  3. Match the ports listed in IORegistryExplorer / Hackintool with the location on your PC front / back panel
  4. Select 15 ports out of them to put in info.plist inside USBMap.kext
  5. Edit info.plist inside USBMap.kext
  6. Finalise

PART 1 - Find out how many USB ports are available in IORegistryExplorer / Hackintool

1. Put USBInjectAll.kext in EFI/OC/Kexts folder
  2. Open your config.plist in EFI/OC folder with ProperTree.command app. Navigate to :
  • Root
    • Kernel
      • Quirks
        • XhciPortLimit and set it to TRUE

DJlc6wj.jpg

3. Restart

4. Open Hackintool. Select USB Tab. You will see your USB port list. 

PIsttH3.jpg

5. Alternatively, you can also use IORegistryExplorer app, select column view and navigate to :

• Root-
    • iMac19,1-
      • AppleACPIPlatformExpert-
        • PCI0@0-
          • AppleACPIPCI-
            • XHC@14-
              • XHC@14000000

4OvixyF.jpg

Note : those start with HS are protocol for USB2, SS are protocol for USB3 devices.

PART 2 - Find out how many USB ports are in your back panel and front panel

1. Now list your USB ports on your PC. Just use paper and pen.

PART 3 - Match the ports listed in IORegistryExplorer / Hackintool with the location on your PC front / back panel.

1. Prepare a USB flashdisk and connect it to your USB port front and back panel ONE by ONE. Check with Hackintool which one turns to green. Make a note of their names. This way you can easily identify your PC USB ports.

PART 4 - Select 15 ports out of them to put in info.plist inside USBMap.kext

1. After you name all of them. CHOOSE which 12 ports you want to use! You will add these 12 names to your info.plist located inside USBMap.kext
  2. You need to include 3 more ports HS11, HS12, HS13 to your info.plist. They are the USB ports that is on your motherboard header. IF and ONLY IF you dont use your motherboard USB header at all, you can safely exclude them. Otherwise, if you have front panel, you should include them.

PART 5 - Edit info.plist inside USBMap.kext

1. Download any USBMap.kext 
  2. Right click on USBMap.kext and select Show Package Contents
  3. Go to Contents folder, there should be info.plist file inside
  4. Copy the file to wherever you feel convenient to edit it
  5. Open Propertree.command app and open (Command + O) info.plist.
  6. You should see somebody else’s USB ports selection. Edit the names with your selections.

H5mT5mt.jpg

7. Save your editted info.plist and copy them back inside USBMap.kext/Contents folder replacing the original.

PART 6 - Finalise

1. Put the modified USBMap.kext inside EFI/OC/Kexts folder.
  2. Delete USBInjectAll.kext inside EFI/OC/Kexts folder.
  3. Open ProperTree.command app. Open (Cmd + O) file config.plist in EFI/OC folder.
  4. Navigate to :
  • Root
    • Kernel
      • Quirks
        • XhciPortLimit and set it to FALSE

5. Save your config.plist

6. Restart & it is done

Hopefully, its useful for someone out there... cheers :)

Correct me if i made any mistakes...

Info.plist.zip USBInjectAll.kext.zip USBMap.kext.zip ProperTree-master.zip IORegistryExplorer.app.zip

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...