Fenvi T919 Bluetooth in Big Sur stopped working after Boot Failure

KrustyKrab

17 posts in this topic

WiFi works perfectly fine. 

I then disabled the onboard Intel Bluetooth via Windows. Upon rebooting to Big Sur, the T919 Bluetooth worked automatically with Air Drop and my Magic Mouse 2.

After that I wanted to test the "Sleep" and upon re-waking, the machine rebooted itself and mentioned "Boot Failure". Now my Bluetooth doesn't detect anything anymore.

I have double checked my BIOS settings to make sure nothing has changed, and the Intel Bluetooth is still disabled in Windows. On Device Manager (in Windows), there is a WiFi and Bluetooth in "Other Devices", so it looks like the machine does indeed recognise the T919.

Any thoughts on what the issue is?

Here's a screenshot of my Mac.

I'm guessing that is not the Intel Bluetooth since it was disabled in Windows?

292562994_ScreenShot2020-12-16at3_35_56pm.thumb.png.e172641471b5cf2a5b0c3fe640fb9962.png

What I don't understand is why it worked the first time out of the box and then stopped working after that?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 3.36.37 pm.png

@KrustyKrab

Fenvi t919 has to work well in Big Sur. Something happened on that failed start and it has not recovered well. What you can do:

• mouse on the Bluetooth icon in the Menu bar while pressing Option + Shift / Reset Bluetooth module
  • turn off the PC and disconnect the cable that goes from the Fenvi to the USB2 port
  • turn on the PC at least once without Bluetooth
  • turn off the PC
  • connect the Bluetooth cable to the USB2 port and power on.

Is the problem fixed?

Thanks miliuco.

I'm going to try a different WiFi card anyway.

The Fenvi T919 is also causing Sleep/Wake issues. I can confirm that once the whole unit was unplugged from the PCIe, the Hackintosh could sleep like a baby without waking up.

Someone on another forums mentioned that the Youbo WiFi card is a good alternative as the T919 is prone to cause issues like that. So I've ordered the Youbo that is due to arrive early next month.

Unless, there are multiple different Fenvi T919 cards?

I bought mine from Amazon. The Fenvi T919 from the official Fenvi seller would take over 2 months to arrive in Australia.

I found another seller listing it as MQFORU Fenvi T919 that was $50 cheaper, but also local (that's the one I bought). Everything from the packaging to contents had "Fenvi" labelled everywhere so I'm assuming it's the same thing? Or could I be wrong?

4 hours ago, KrustyKrab said:

... I'm going to try a different WiFi card anyway.

The Fenvi T919 is also causing Sleep/Wake issues. I can confirm that once the whole unit was unplugged from the PCIe, the Hackintosh could sleep like a baby without waking up.

Someone on another forums mentioned that the Youbo WiFi card is a good alternative as the T919 is prone to cause issues like that. So I've ordered the Youbo that is due to arrive early next month.

Unless, there are multiple different Fenvi T919 cards?...

My card is MQUPIN Fenvi FV-T919, I assume all Fenvi T919s are identical but I'm not sure.
I did not know about the Youbo card but I see that it has a Broadcom BCM94360CD chip like real Macs, I suppose it will work OOTB in hackintosh.

7 hours ago, KrustyKrab said:

Thanks miliuco.

I'm going to try a different WiFi card anyway.

Unless, there are multiple different Fenvi T919 cards?

I bought mine from Amazon. The Fenvi T919 from the official Fenvi seller would take over 2 months to arrive in Australia.

I found another seller listing it as MQFORU Fenvi T919 that was $50 cheaper, but also local (that's the one I bought). Everything from the packaging to contents had "Fenvi" labelled everywhere so I'm assuming it's the same thing? Or could I be wrong?

Apparently, as reported by a few, there are a few (non genuine) Fenvi T919 cards about that do not perform as well. I do have Fenvi a T919 now resigned to my box of bits and pieces and replaced by a genuine Apple WIFI/BT Card with an adapter, a bit pricey but trouble free. A possible fix for a trouble some T919 is to insure it is fitted to the last slot on the motherboard.

Hi @eSaF ,

Your genuine card is a BCM943602?

I have one too but my cables destroyed itself, and I bought another adapter but until now I wasn't able to attach the cables to the new adapter... the pigtails are very tiny...

My Fenvi T-919 is an original Fenvi, but I can't wake my hack and I have to shutdown and power the machine again... grrrr

1 hour ago, MorenoAv said:

Hi @eSaF ,

Your genuine card is a BCM943602?

I have one too but my cables destroyed itself, and I bought another adapter but until now I wasn't able to attach the cables to the new adapter... the pigtails are very tiny...

My Fenvi T-919 is an original Fenvi, but I can't wake my hack and I have to shutdown and power the machine again... grrrr

Off hand I can't remember but it is one AG recommended for me to get, maybe he will see this post and jump in with the one he recommended.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MorenoAv said:

... My Fenvi T-919 is an original Fenvi, but I can't wake my hack and I have to shutdown and power the machine again...

On my PC with Fenvi T919 sleep works fine, I have had no problems with this card.

And as @eSaF says, it is in the last PCIe slot although this is not on purpose but it was easier to place it in that place.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, miliuco said:

My card is MQUPIN Fenvi FV-T919, I assume all Fenvi T919s are identical but I'm not sure.
I did not know about the Youbo card but I see that it has a Broadcom BCM94360CD chip like real Macs, I suppose it will work OOTB in hackintosh.

The MQUPIN, in particular, was the one that was reported to have issues. Good thing you're not experiencing any issues.

I never knew there was such a thing as a non-genuine Fenvi T919. This whole time, I thought Fenvi was the brand and the text before it was the retailer or some sort.

What would the "last" PCIe slot be if there's only 1?

I'm on a Gigabyte Z490 Vision D and it has only 1x small PCIe1 slot at the bottom.

9 minutes ago, KrustyKrab said:

... What would the "last" PCIe slot be if there's only 1?

I'm on a Gigabyte Z490 Vision D and it has only 1x small PCIe1 slot at the bottom.

My motherboard have 4 PCIEx1 labeled from up to bottom PCIEx1_1, PCIEx1_2, PCIEx1_3 and PCIEx1_4. In addition to the 2 long PCIEx16 and PCIEx4 slots.

I have the Fenvi card on PCIEx1_4.

I see you have only 1 PCIEx1 slot but also 3 long slots: PCIEx16, PCIEx8 and PCIEx4. Have you tried putting Fenvi on PCIEx4?

3 hours ago, miliuco said:

My motherboard have 4 PCIEx1 labeled from up to bottom PCIEx1_1, PCIEx1_2, PCIEx1_3 and PCIEx1_4. In addition to the 2 long PCIEx16 and PCIEx4 slots.

I have the Fenvi card on PCIEx1_4.

I see you have only 1 PCIEx1 slot but also 3 long slots: PCIEx16, PCIEx8 and PCIEx4. Have you tried putting Fenvi on PCIEx4?

Just confirming, you mean plugging the Fenvi into a long slot at the bottom, meaning about 3/4 of the slot will actually be uncovered? Is this more to address the Bluetooth issue?

My WiFi is currently working perfectly so I'm a little hesitant (unless completely necessary) to plug it somewhere else in case I screw something up.

Anyway, I've ordered a second WiFi card to test:

https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B082X8MBMD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's due to arrive on 6th January 2021, so I'll give that a WiFi card a go first and see if I can determine if faulty hardware was the issue. Then I'll try using the other slots too.

Thank goodness for Amazon's generous return policy.

Will report back after that. Thanks again!

7 hours ago, KrustyKrab said:

Just confirming, you mean plugging the Fenvi into a long slot at the bottom, meaning about 3/4 of the slot will actually be uncovered? Is this more to address the Bluetooth issue?...

... Anyway, I've ordered a second WiFi card to test...

I believe that the mini PCIe card can be plugged into a long slot, just to see if it works better there.

Regarding the Youbo card, in Amazon Spain it does not appear, comment how it works when you try it although I think it will work well in macOS.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/22/2020 at 10:15 PM, miliuco said:

Regarding the Youbo card, in Amazon Spain it does not appear, comment how it works when you try it although I think it will work well in macOS.

Just a quick update.

The YouBo card arrived. Quality-wise it looks less "polished" with more open-wires and feels cheaper. The Driver mini-disc that came with it is identical to the Fenvi one but with the "Fenvi" logo removed. Wouldn't be surprised if they are basically identical components.

Plug n Play, WiFi works just like the Fenvi straight out of the box.

Bluetooth still not working so I'm guessing it has something to do with my Hackintosh itself. On Device Manager when I boot to Windows, the Bluetooth component does appear there so I know it is connected.

Sleep/Wake issue still persistent just like the Fenvi. Looks like I bought a cheaper identical card for no reason.

10 hours ago, KrustyKrab said:

Just a quick update.

The YouBo card arrived. Quality-wise it looks less "polished" with more open-wires and feels cheaper. The Driver mini-disc that came with it is identical to the Fenvi one but with the "Fenvi" logo removed. Wouldn't be surprised if they are basically identical components.

Plug n Play, WiFi works just like the Fenvi straight out of the box.

Bluetooth still not working so I'm guessing it has something to do with my Hackintosh itself. On Device Manager when I boot to Windows, the Bluetooth component does appear there so I know it is connected.

Sleep/Wake issue still persistent just like the Fenvi. Looks like I bought a cheaper identical card for no reason.

Silly question: have you connected the BT cable to the motherboard?  I guess so because you say it works on windows.

17 hours ago, miliuco said:

Silly question: have you connected the BT cable to the motherboard?  I guess so because you say it works on windows.

Yes I have.

I have also physically disconnected the Intel onboard Bluetooth from my motherboard, so it's only the YouBo that's plugged in.

How did you manage to get yours working?

11 hours ago, KrustyKrab said:

Yes I have.

I have also physically disconnected the Intel onboard Bluetooth from my motherboard, so it's only the YouBo that's plugged in.

How did you manage to get yours working?

Nothing at all. I have it since High Sierra 10.13. Now in Big Sur.

I plugged it into the PCIe slot, plugged the BT cable into the USB port and nothing else.

It has always worked well and I have never had to do anything special.

At first on an older motherboard (P55-USB3) and now on a more modern one (Z390 Aorus Elite). But I've never had a problem.

• Like 1