create bootable DVD for Catalina

Solaris82

19 posts in this topic

Hi I used the "macOS Mojave ISO creator" script created by thelamehacker published on github.com I attach link, it created me mojave iso, burned, works perfectly, I would like to create bootable dvd for Catalina, does anyone know if the script exists also for Catalina ?

https://github.com/thelamehacker/macOS-toolkit/blob/master/toolkit/macOS_Mojave_ISOMaker.sh

• Haha 1

change everything is written "Mojave" to rename "Catalina", it should work. presumably it will cause problems with "HFS + Journaled" and will not work properly after installation. So I would change it to APFs from begin.

macOS-toolkit-Catalina-master.zip

check it out if it works

Of course, the problems only arise after the installation such as installing programs etc. or updating would be problematic with "HFS + Journaled".

But it could also be, that I did not enter the exact name of the Catalina app correctly into the script. please check the exact name of the catalina app with the entries in the script.
I am currently working on Windows OS and cannot check it on macOS Terminal

I reissued the command, it created iso files but in the script it reaches 70% gave this error " 

1. Copying to disk: 0%... 10%... 20%... 30%... 40%... 50%... 60%... 70%...
  2. Error: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=512 "Unable to copy “InstallESD.dmg” to “SharedSupport”." UserInfo={NSSourceFilePathErrorKey=/Applications/Install macOS Catalina.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg, NSUserStringVariant=(
  3. Copy
  4. ), NSDestinationFilePath=/Volumes/Install macOS Catalina/Install macOS Catalina.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg, NSFilePath=/Applications/Install macOS Catalina.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg, NSUnderlyingError=0x7fbe66c003f0 {Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=34 "Result too large"}}The copy of the installer app failed. "

full script link https://pastebin.com/V2UeE0Yg