HP Omen 17-AN012DX Catalina Question...

PunkNugget

1 post in this topic

I just recently purchased the HP Omen 17-AN012DX laptop, because I saw some links (provided below),That had shown great success with not only installing high Sierra but also (as of late), Catalina installed in this very laptop. Here are the specs

HP Omen 17-AN012DX

1080P Monitor

12GB RAM

1TB Samsung EVO 850 SSD

AMD Radeon RX580 GPU

https://www.reddit.com/r/hackintosh/comments/ivbfvq/catalina_running_on_a_hp_omen_intel_i7_8th/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Now the thing is, it hasn't been easy to get through to anybody on these forms and that's the reason why I'm posting this here. To see if anybody could possibly help out. Now mind you, I was on Tony Mack (with the link that I just included above), and was going back and forth with requesting help. Well it didn't take long and I definitely got some good response. In fact there was a person on their by the name of "sdascalescu"Who had not only talk to me about the success he had with installing Catalina but also told me that it was not going to be possible to install 10.15.7 but rather 10.15.3 due to the AMD RX 580 primary output which is set by default to HDMI which basically makes the laptop monitor unusable, but will allow you to use an external monitor.

As we went back and forth on this, I guess the moderators felt not too comfortable with him supplying his EFI file (which I'm glad I downloaded immediately), but the way he compress a file he used an RAR compression program instead of a zip compression program. And as some of us already know sometimes when you reopen an RAR file, that the DSDT files can get jacked up a bit at times. In any case, I used his EFI file and try to install 10.15.7 to no avail. In the meantime I was trying hard and spent quite a few hours trying to find the full install two 10.15.3 and could not find it somehow except on a torrent website. Of course it's an older file so it's not easy to download because there's not a lot peers on their supplying this file anymore. Once I mentioned this on Tony my they quickly banned me and also pretty much got rid of all the commentary that we had that created a page and 1/2 of useful dialogue and I even think that that other person got banned as well for supplying that EFI file.

It's pretty frustrating at times to work with people that show no compassion or understanding, especially when you're dealing with a hacked OS system. As some of you know, I’ve been doing this now for over 10 years and have built some of the best Hackintosh systems and have been very grateful to contribute towards being one of the moderators here on insanely Mac hosting “Mac Mod of the Month.” That was a ton of fun! seeing all the incredible creative ideas and builds has been nothing short of amazing!

In any case, I would like to be able to supply this EFI file (in a zip format) and if anybody has the same exact model laptop (or any HP Omen Laptop) with the specs that I have and has had the same kind of installation success as the other people have, please let me know what it is that I need to do to make this work because I am having a tough time installing the software because it keeps on getting locked up so I am not able to install this as of yet. Below is good to be a screenshot of where the installation process stops. I hope that someone will be able to see this and give some input on what to do next. Thank you for taking the time to look at this and I look forward to any help anybody can give, again thank you!

I have supplied a Google Drive link for you to download the EFI Zip file:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QkS9byhA8O0lf9cl1VknVPorEeOWvIWC/view?usp=sharing

IMG_4465.jpg

Here is the EFI Zip File:

EFI.zip

Edited by fantomas
Removed tonymac links