gorans

New build

11 posts in this topic

Hi,

as my Z97-D3h died, I'm in a hurry to build replacement hack. It should be very simple as I don't have any macs laying around to build/configure stick with OC efi, and my efi on SDD will not work with new build I presume. That means I need prebuilt DSDT (if needed for setup), config.plist and the rest of the EFI folder. I hope it's possible to nake bootable USB with windows. Will do research. I will reuse my RX570, intel 2TB SSD, PSU, case...

Reading on Anti-Hackintosh buyers guide I was thinking on following: some Z490 mobo and i5-10500 or i5-10600 CPU.
Maybe Asus Prime Z490-P, Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X or ASROCK Z490M PRO4?
Memory 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 or Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2D3600C18?

I ruled out AMD for simplicity and compatibility reasons.
Please share Your opinions and advises. I'm looking for specific mobo model and maybe some other options in that price range.

Best regards,

Goran

Edited by gorans
added models

Just because of what I read out there and a bit of my experience (I made the change to Asus Pime H410) I would recommend
1st Gigabyte, 2nd Asus, currently I have Catalina 10.15.6 working perfectly and testing BS Beta 6 although with many problems, but it works thanks to a configuration copied from a Z490 Asus user, with Gigabite it is easier

Hack is working but when I try to boot my Mojave disc wih OC, I get "This version of Mac OS X is not supported on this mac". I put "-no_compat_check" in boot args but still can't boot.

Also I get this when booting

Spoiler

IMG_20200918_115206.jpg

Edited by gorans

OK. I folded, updating to Catalina as we speak. Dortania says that I need to spoof CPUID for Mojave, and I don't want that.
I read that Mojave newer than 10.14.4 should boot new CPUs, and I have 10.14.6., but this is not the case.