OpenCore Newbie my USB doesn't seem to be bootable

Brando2i7

5 posts in this topic

So after several runs of clover trying to get my Surface Pro 3 set up I decided to put on my big boy pants and go for OpenCore. The guide was SUPER useful and I felt pretty confident in putting together my EFI but once all that was said and done and the moment of truth hit the silly thing doesn't seem to be bootable. Is there some sort of argument or disk util thats needed to change this? I have a hackintosh'd mojave surface pro 2 that I can use to fiddle with it, or a windows 10 machine if thats applicable. It's a real head scratcher because I really don't think I missed anything. Is there something specific I need to check in order to make this bootable? or do I need to start over.

1 hour ago, Brando2i7 said:

So after several runs of clover trying to get my Surface Pro 3 set up I decided to put on my big boy pants and go for OpenCore. The guide was SUPER useful and I felt pretty confident in putting together my EFI but once all that was said and done and the moment of truth hit the silly thing doesn't seem to be bootable. Is there some sort of argument or disk util thats needed to change this? I have a hackintosh'd mojave surface pro 2 that I can use to fiddle with it, or a windows 10 machine if thats applicable. It's a real head scratcher because I really don't think I missed anything. Is there something specific I need to check in order to make this bootable? or do I need to start over.

First of all use these clover files to boot your Surface Pro 3 successfully:  https://github.com/spyguysgaming/Surface-Pro-3-Hackintosh

then install Clover on a USB flash disk and add the current OC 0.61 version, take the Kext-drivers from the link above as well as the ACPI folder and change the config.plist using the sample.plist to be able to boot macOS from OpenCore.

2 minutes ago, spakk said:

First of all use these clover files to boot your Surface Pro 3 successfully:  https://github.com/spyguysgaming/Surface-Pro-3-Hackintosh

then install Clover on a USB flash disk and add the current OC 0.61 version, take the Kext-drivers from the link above as well as the ACPI folder and change the config.plist using the sample.plist to be able to boot macOS from OpenCore.

SO use clover to create a bootable usb...then just copy all the setup work I already did on OC back onto said drive..?

1. Open the folder "Installers/Apps" and start "Clover_v2.5k_r5089.pkg" or take a newer version. then install Clover on your USB flash drive.

2. Start "Clover Configurator.app" and activate the hidden EFI partition of your USB flash drive.

3. Copy the complete "EFI" folder and overwrite the EFI folder on your USB flash drive 

then start macOS from the created USB flash diskSurface-Pro-3-Hackintosh-master.zip