Jump to content
freddy3k

audio problem ga-h81m-ds2

11 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

clover 5119

motherboard = ga-h81m-ds2

RAM = 2x4gb kingston

VideoCard = GT210

HDD = seagate 500gb

 

everythings works fine except for the audio. i have installed Voodoo 2.8.7 output is working but has lot of cracking noise and mic / line in is not working only output is usable. i already tried the patch with layout id but no luck and always stock at IOHDA blah blah something and the system wont boot.. if anyone there kind enough to help me please i would really appreciate it.. TIA

 

PS: HDMI output is working but unusable because of crack sound output (using Voodoo) 

Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 8.17.32 PM.png

Share this post

yup it is vanilla and before i use voodoo i backed it up.. just to make sure i can revert it while am doing some experiment

 

i did use applealc  and installed it in L/E with lilu and remove Voodoo and the disabler add the the patch 

935205827_ScreenShot2020-08-28at11_20_44PM.png.118ae75560e0d9f06b70fb4b1bd1ba2f.png

 

and also tried this other patch 

400364746_ScreenShot2020-08-28at11_21_58PM.png.511a2543696727b785528b8be08311cb.png

 

both have same result

 

and also i added this to my config

627629754_ScreenShot2020-08-28at11_24_20PM.png.dc57c850574b5a042367ef94fa04a5df.png

 

ps: my processor is intel i3 4170

Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 8.17.32 PM.png

Share this post

According to the on-line documentation, all GA-H81M-DS2 mobos (v1.0/2.0/2.1/3.0) are fitted with Realtek ALC887 audio.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-H81M-DS2-rev-10/sp#sp

  1. Remove VoodooHDA and AppleHDADisabler.
  2. Remove any AppleHDA patches, stick to full vanilla AppleHDA.
  3. Use Lilu + AppleALC + CodecCommander kexts (latter must be cached (from /L/E), not injected)
  4. Experiment with the various ALC887 layouts: https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/wiki/Supported-codecs
Share this post

13 hours ago, Hervé said:

According to the on-line documentation, all GA-H81M-DS2 mobos (v1.0/2.0/2.1/3.0) are fitted with Realtek ALC887 audio.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-H81M-DS2-rev-10/sp#sp

  1. Remove VoodooHDA and AppleHDADisabler.
  2. Remove any AppleHDA patches, stick to full vanilla AppleHDA.
  3. Use Lilu + AppleALC + CodecCommander kexts (latter must be cached (from /L/E), not injected)
  4. Experiment with the various ALC887 layouts: https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/wiki/Supported-codecs

where can i get the CodecCommander kext? 

 

13 hours ago, Allan said:

Topic moved to the right place, it's not a guide.

sorry about that and thanks for moving this to the right place.. kudos..

Share this post

15 hours ago, Hervé said:

According to the on-line documentation, all GA-H81M-DS2 mobos (v1.0/2.0/2.1/3.0) are fitted with Realtek ALC887 audio.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-H81M-DS2-rev-10/sp#sp

  1. Remove VoodooHDA and AppleHDADisabler.
  2. Remove any AppleHDA patches, stick to full vanilla AppleHDA.
  3. Use Lilu + AppleALC + CodecCommander kexts (latter must be cached (from /L/E), not injected)
  4. Experiment with the various ALC887 layouts: https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/wiki/Supported-codecs

where can i get the CodecCommander kext? 

 

14 hours ago, Allan said:

Topic moved to the right place, it's not a guide.

sorry about that and thanks for moving this to the right place.. kudos..

 

----- update ------

 

i followed the instruction

  1. Remove VoodooHDA and AppleHDADisabler.
  2. Remove any AppleHDA patches, stick to full vanilla AppleHDA.
  3. Use Lilu + AppleALC + CodecCommander kexts (latter must be cached (from /L/E), not injected)

result:

15-20 minutes in this loading screen

 

1.thumb.jpg.fd685dc26343ea990f42b04593811ea8.jpg

 

2.thumb.jpg.372aad969cdba336fd0cb3d8d9ebaaf5.jpg

 

then it goes black but my keyboard capslock is working so i assume my card has a conflict in the codedcommander so i reboot with boot args nv_disable=1 resulted got the display but only apple logo with a loading bar screen which is not moving so i reverted everything back to voodoo which is really annoying 

Share this post

Screenshots show that graphics are not initialising. Strange because Tesla GeForce 210 is normally supported OOB up to High Sierra. Are you sure you did not make some other changes? You may try and add WhatEverGreen kext when using Lilu & its Plugins.

 

If you want further assistance, please post zipped copy of Clover EFI folder + IOReg extract. Good luck!

Share this post

3 hours ago, Hervé said:

Screenshots show that graphics are not initialising. Strange because Tesla GeForce 210 is normally supported OOB up to High Sierra. Are you sure you did not make some other changes? You may try and add WhatEverGreen kext when using Lilu & its Plugins.

 

If you want further assistance, please post zipped copy of Clover EFI folder + IOReg extract. Good luck!

here is my clover setup and ioreg.. i use ioJones to extract ioreg

by the way i extracted that io using voodoo 2.8.7 installed

 

am using mojave not high sierra 

 

CLOVER.zip

osx’s iMac.iojones

Edited by freddy3k
Share this post

No VoodooHDA in the stuff you posted so you've obviously installed kexts in /S/L/E and/or /L/E on top of what you inject with Clover. I noticed you inject FakePCIID kext, why ?

 

Your motherboard is for Haswell/Broadwell CPU, so there'd be a lot to say (and fix) about your Clover setup and, given that you're using a natively unsupported Tesla graphics card under Mojave, you've obviously applied some patches to that effect.

 

You'll have to give us the full picture about your build...

Share this post

×