amin321

catalina does not wake from sleep on laptop

8 posts in this topic

since the installation of macOS, the most observable problem is awaking from sleep failure, I almost tried every related thing like mapping USB ports, appropriate ig-platform-id and disabling dgpu , all of those does not help at all
that report on panic gets triggered after force shutdown and reopening the system (as the system does not wake from sleep)
dell g3 3590 intel core i7 9750h
*iGPU : Intel UHD 630
*RAM : 16GB, 2x8GB, DDR4, 2666MHz
*Storage : 256GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid Stat e Drive (Boot) + 1TB
5400 rpm 2.5" SATA Hard Drive (Storage)
can anybody give me a tip on that

Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 9.21.00 PM.png

Advertisement
since the installation of macOS, the most observable problem is awaking from sleep failure, I almost tried every related thing like mapping USB ports, appropriate ig-platform-id and disabling dgpu , all of those does not help at all that report on panic gets triggered after force shutdown and reopening the system (as the system does not wake from sleep) dell g3 3590 intel core i7 9750h *iGPU : Intel UHD 630 *RAM : 16GB, 2x8GB, DDR4, 2666MHz *Storage : 256GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid Stat e Drive (Boot) + 1TB 5400 rpm 2.5" SATA Hard Drive (Storage) can anybody give me a tip on that 127022841_ScreenShot2020-08-13at9_21_00PM.thumb.png.105fce28efad2ad9c42bb01fc0fe9b9b.png

Upload your EFI folder for analysis.

Does sleep work?

Cpu power management?

Screen brightness?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

Upload your EFI folder for analysis.

Does sleep work?

Cpu power management?

Screen brightness?

sleep is partially working , sometimes wake properly from sleep and other times it does not ,
I mapped my ports and ignored the one for the fingerprint (deleted from my ports) ,

cpu power management is working properly followed OC documentation ssdt patch and cpufirend + cpufriend data provider,
I am using ssdt-pnlfcfl.aml patch that makes brightness working 
I am still trying to just figure out what is the problem , it is been more than 2 months on that {censored} 
appreciate your respond
https://gofile.io/d/sNPxcR

Posted (edited)

I have almost the same setup on my laptop (see my signature), I’ll upload my EFI for you to check against yours when I get a chance. Sleep and wake via lid works (fixed recently by properly disabling dGPU)
Don’t t use my whole EFI folder though just use it as a reference to get your system working.

For me audio after sleep is not working and AppleBusPowerController does not load in Big Sur.

EFI.zip

Edited by SavageAUS

14 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

I have almost the same setup on my laptop (see my signature), I’ll upload my EFI for you to check against yours when I get a chance. Sleep and wake via lid works (fixed recently by properly disabling dGPU)
Don’t t use my whole EFI folder though just use it as a reference to get your system working.

For me audio after sleep is not working and AppleBusPowerController does not load in Big Sur.

EFI.zip

your EFI almost has same as my configuration except pmc and smbus patches , I already has those patches , same problem does not change unfortunately 

17 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

EFI.zip

609368167_ScreenShot2020-08-16at6_45_46AM.png.183eb6b3226771dd2536a6bcfde7495f.png
Is that info valuable , or may causes of my problem ?! 
it comes out from identifying the states of acpi tables in terminal"log show --last boot | grep -i acpi"

try disconnecting external devices other than your Apple keyboard, mouse, and display. If that resolves the issue, gradually reconnect your devices, testing each time, until you find the device that is interfering with sleep