Can anyone verify if OPEMU allows for older AMD CPUs to be used on 10.12?

b105

6 posts in this topic

As the title says, I'm wondering whether OPEMU is functional enough to emulate SSE4.1 required for 10.12 and up. Since the machine I'm working on has a Phenom II, there is no SSE4 and the max version I can install is 10.11.

This seems promising, but there haven't been any reports of it actually working. Has anybody tried it with a legacy AMD/Intel CPU? Thanks in advance.

7 hours ago, b105 said:

As the title says, I'm wondering whether OPEMU is functional enough to emulate SSE4.1 required for 10.12 and up. Since the machine I'm working on has a Phenom II, there is no SSE4 and the max version I can install is 10.11.

This seems promising, but there haven't been any reports of it actually working. Has anybody tried it with a legacy AMD/Intel CPU? Thanks in advance.

Tonight I could build some new kernels based on the new OPEMU by Andy Van Dijk, Ydeng or by Meowthra, but without any guarantee that these kernels will work with 100% security.

I would have liked to test these kernels on my system (Phenom II CPU, GA990-FXA-UD3), unfortunately the hardware gives me great difficulties and so I gave up.

You would then have to test these kernels on your hardware and then report us what works and what does not works.
But first of all I have to install the appropriate MacOS version so that I can build these kernels.

15 hours ago, spakk said:

Tonight I could build some new kernels based on the new OPEMU by Andy Van Dijk, Ydeng or by Meowthra, but without any guarantee that these kernels will work with 100% security.

I would have liked to test these kernels on my system (Phenom II CPU, GA990-FXA-UD3), unfortunately the hardware gives me great difficulties and so I gave up.

You would then have to test these kernels on your hardware and then report us what works and what does not works.
But first of all I have to install the appropriate MacOS version so that I can build these kernels.

One issue... seems I can't get USB working at all. Do you know what kexts to use for USB to work in 10.10? I tried XLNCUSBFix already.

On 8/11/2020 at 6:00 AM, b105 said:

One issue... seems I can't get USB working at all. Do you know what kexts to use for USB to work in 10.10? I tried XLNCUSBFix already.

sorry, had a lot to do, here are various USB fixes for El Capitan 10.11. * and Sierra 10.12. *
Proceed as follows:
navigate to System/Library/Extensions then duplicate the Extensions folder. You have to do this first thing before you make any changes to your system. There are USB Fixes packages that make profound changes in the Extensions folder, so use it with caution. read the attached information which is in the respective packages. After you have inserted the drivers after S/L/Extensions, you have to generate the prelinkedkernel before restarting macOS.

Always test one USB fix package. Start with "USB-FIX_El_Capitan_V3" and add the entire content to S/L/Extensions. Then generate a new prelinkedkernel based on the description in to readme file, which is in the "USB Fix V4-for Sierra" package. If you have an ASUS board then read the further instructions in the Readme file below.

The appendix contains an untested AMD Sierra 10.12.6 kernel with SSE4.1 emulator, and a appropriate System.kext

If this test kernel should not boot, then write again, then I will build another kernel based on AnV's new OPEMU

USB-Fixes:

USB-Fix_El_Capitan_V3.zip

USB-Fix El_Capitan.zip

USB Fix V4-for Sierra.zip

Shaneee´s AMD USB Fix v3.zip

Shaneee's AMD USB Fix.zip

Test Kernel:

Sierra10.12.6-SSEPlus_V2-SSE4.1.zip