Sapphire Radeon RX 550 Pulse And ROG Strix Radeon RX 560 - macOS Mojave

16 posts in this topic

Hello Guys

So, i need some help to choose a new GPU for my New Hackingtosh Setup.

According to the size of my mATX case I need a Low Profile GPU or something that is not that big.

I did some research and found the Sapphire Radeon RX 550 Pulse and Asus ROG Strix Radeon RX 560 GPUs. Could someone tell me if these GPUs are compatible with macOS Mojave?

Specs Sapphire Radeon RX 550 Pulse

Specs Asus ROG Strix Radeon RX 560

On 8/1/2020 at 7:01 AM, Hervé said:

Thank you! its Great List. All of these GPUs work natively on macOS Mojave?

On 8/1/2020 at 9:09 AM, Cyberdevs said:

@punk

RX560 has a better support in macOS so I suggest using the RX560 rather than RX550.

Any brand recommendations? Thank You

On 8/1/2020 at 10:36 AM, WhenMusicAttacks said:

Yeston has a pink rx550 4gb low profile working on macOs . https://whenmusicattacks.wordpress.com/2020/07/19/choosing-amd-gpu-for-hackintosh/

Do you have any other recommendations for Chinese GPU Low Profile? Thank you

7 minutes ago, punk said:

Sapphire works pretty ok under macOS, I had an Asus RX560 4GB that was working OOB and I'm still using my Asus RX 580 OC Top but the RX560 isn't a Low Profile card it's a two slot GPU.

2 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

Sapphire works pretty ok under macOS, I had an Asus RX560 4GB that was working OOB and I'm still using my Asus RX 580 OC Top but the RX560 isn't a Low Profile card it's a two slot GPU.

I am currently using this Case model CEMO / Youze 9001

Do you think Asus ROG Strix Radeon RX 560 will work in this case?

As far as I can tell it won't fit inside that chassis. The chassis dimensions are: 33x22x9.5 cm and the Asus RX 560's dimensions are 19.4x12x3.5 Centimeter so it's bigger than the chassis

In general PowerColor GPUs are good but as I mentioned before RX550 isn't supported natively so you need to keep that in mind.

The second link I posted above is almost the same size just slightly bigger check it out.

2 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

In general PowerColor GPUs are good but as I mentioned before RX550 isn't supported natively so you need to keep that in mind.

The second link I posted above is almost the same size just slightly bigger check it out.

Do you have any suggestions for Chinese RX 560 GPU?

On 8/2/2020 at 4:57 PM, punk said:

Thank you! its Great List. All of these GPUs work natively on macOS Mojave?

Do you have any other recommendations for Chinese GPU Low Profile? Thank you

Not all the cards in the first list work. All the one on my list do. Yeston 4gb pink rx550 is the only one that i am sure about.