MSI X79A--gd45 DSDT check

PPCnostalgic

8 posts in this topic

Good morning. I'm trying to optimize my system to get the best configuration possible. My DSDT needs to be checked, I did what I knew but somenthing is still waiting for optimization. Sleep doesn't work but this is not a deal breaker, my build is a workstation and I've read sleep on X79 mainboards rarely works.

I think speedstep could be improved, HW Monitor shows frequencies but they are only changing from max freq (2,9Ghz) to turbo freq (3,3Ghz) so I get 2,9 - 3.0 - 3,1 - 3,2 - 3,3Ghz but nothing lower than 2,9Ghz. Temps are  a bit high, 55 Celsius idle I think it's too much, I have a good heatsink Arctic 13 Pro

with 2 fans, plus running Linux temps are about 15 degrees C below. If someone can take a look to my DSDT it woul be appreciated. Thank you.

My rig: MSI X79A-gd45, Xeon E5-2690(v1) 8 Core, 4x DDR3 1600Mhz, GTX 760. (attached Clover config.plist IOReg file Clover Kext folder)

HackPro.zip

CPU temp dropped down more than 10 degrees Celsius with your DSDT! Thank you, I have just paid you a beer via PayPal.

The folder you linked me doesn't boot my machine but dropping your dsdt into my EFI folder dropped down cpu temps.

HW Monitor still doesn't report any freq below 2,90 Ghz but I'm trying with Intel Power Gadget...

Rob

Uhm... some files cannot be downloaded as they don't exist anymore, I'll stay with your patched dsdt that did the trick for cpu temps, Intel Power Gadget to monitor core frequency.

Thank you very much, you solved cpu high temp problem, very appreciated.