Fresh install of Mojave on Quo with OpenCore

DHassel

3 posts in this topic

Are there any distructions on how to install a copy of Mojave on a Quo with OpenCore?  Can't seem to much, only migration stuff.

Adv*Thanks*ance

@IronManJFF is the EXPERT on QUO.  He has a Thread, currently, for QUO and OpenCore BUT with Catalina for the OS.  I'm sure; however, IF you follow ALL his Instructions to the letter that you CAN INSTEAD use Mojave.

Here is the Link to the QUO with OpenCore Discussion Thread:  Migrating from OSMOSIS to OpenCore on QUO MOBOs.

Good Luck,

TimeLord04

Actually when I migrated my own QUO I was running Mojave.

Fresh install is totally possible, grab the migration Kit, Flash the firmware,  populate the PlatformInfo section (use a generator) and put OC on a thumb drive ... boot with F12 and select the thumb drive that will load OC and you can select your installer from it. Once you have it running , move the EFI to the ESP partitionof your main drive.

The migration kit was in the mindset that if you already have Ozmosis then it is the 'same' computer as far as licenses and iServices are concerned. If you don't, the only difference is you have to populate the PlatformInfo section.

If using only HD4000, select MacMini6,2 if you have a GPU (like RX580) select iMac13,2

Welcome to the club.

Now what is it with all these new people popping out with QUO boards ?

The kit as been upgraded for 0.5.8 .. will do 0.5.9 when we get 3-4 rainy days in a row.. cause summer doesn't last very long here.... there is no rush it is very stable (more than Oz was)

@TimeLord04 You over-estimate my skills .. but thank you.

Edited by IronManJFF