CLOVER GO TO BIOS OPTION

DavideNovice

5 posts in this topic

Dear All, it is possible to ADD a new entry by using clover configurator ? I have now two not hidden entries :"boot from windows" and "boot from Mojave" .  
I would like to add a new entry "GO TO BIOS" , I have a MSI Z97 Gaming 7 that support the go to bios function, infact I have this option from windows, but I was wandering if it is possible to insert the option directly amongst the clover boot options. 

Thank You in advance for any suggestion or help. 

Davide

By the way I find out a workaround for having internet on Mojave with a unknow WIFI card, see my other topic if interested. 

• 3 weeks later...

Depending on the firmware, the next boot option may be started if you exit. There is one option to specifically do this which is to set the NVRAM variable to enter firmware setup menu next boot, then restart. I can't remember exactly what it is called but it is in the UEFI specification.

No, it's OsIndications. Section 8.5.4 of the specification:

The firmware and an Operating System may exchange information through the OsIndicationsSupported and the OSIndications variables as follows:
• The OsIndications variable returns a UINT64 bitmask owned by the OS and is used to indicate which features the OS wants firmware to enable or which actions the OS wants the firmware to take.
  The OS will supply this data with a SetVariable() call.
• The OsIndicationsSupported variable returns a UINT64 bitmask owned by the firmware and indicates which of the OS indication features and actions that the firmware supports.
  This variable is recreated by firmware every boot, and cannot be modified by the OS.
The EFI_OS_INDICATIONS_BOOT_TO_FW_UI bit can be set in the OsIndicationsSupported variable by the firmware, if the firmware supports OS requests to stop at a firmware user interface.
The EFI_OS_INDICATIONS_BOOT_TO_FW_UI bit can be set by the OS in the OsIndications variable, if the OS desires for the firmware to stop at a firmware user interface on the next boot.
Once the firmware consumes this bit in the OsIndications variable and stops at the firmware user interface, the firmware should clear the bit from the OsIndications variable in order to acknowledge to the OS that the information was consumed and, more importantly