Clover v2.5k giving black screen

Cwtf

4 posts in this topic

I made a clean install of High Sierra on a 1TB crucial ssd. Installed clover Clover_v2.5k_r5070 into the EFI of this ssd, but when I tried to make it my default boot drive, the clover screen wouldn't come up, and left a black screen.

I tried using the Olarilia usb drive and clover did the same thing. 

I thought maybe that it was a theme issue so I tried to blind boot by just hitting the enter key but the nothing happened.

I restarted and selected my my old drive with clover v2.4k_4945 from the bios the bios boot menu.  Clover came up and I could select my new drive from the clover menu.     

Changing the themes, didn't help. No matter what theme I chose (including embedded), clover v2.5k didn't work, and  I still got just a black screen.

Do I need to install v2.4k on my new drive or is there a way I can get v2.5k working?

I have a GA-x79-ud5 motherboard, AMD  rx580 graphics card and use a Sony 4k tv as my monitor.

8 hours ago, Hervé said:

No reason why you'd experience this except maybe if you did not install Clover properly. So please specify:

1. BIOS mode (UEFI vs. legacy)
  2. Options you used/selected when you installed Clover

The post a zipped copy of your EFI folder.

1. I am using UEFI

2. I used the default settings

My EFI folder:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/12HeQjunc0IpzscIypNoLVcc45Em0fmnn/view?usp=sharing

Make debug.log by setting in config.plist

Boot->Debug=YES

Upload the result from the folder

/EFI/CLOVER/misc/debug.log

Create the folder before the experiment.

Install DataHubDxe.efi into

/EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI/

• Like 1