Post YOUR instructions....

~Neo

60 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

finally got my PNY GeForce 7600GS 256MB (Former 512) AGP to work on my MSI 7025 AMD X2 with Dual Screen.

The key for my success was to REMOVE AGPGart.kext !!!

Once that was done, I had both screens but no cursor on the second monitor, then based on some recomendation from the forum(s) I downgraded to Natit_v0.1 and all works now!!!

Thanks all

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
<br /><font size="5"><b>EDIT</b></font>I would also recomend this method for all the users that had no luck<br />with titan or natit kexts and QE/CI enabled./.... />

Finally I DID IT!!! :D)))

After few mistakes and recovering from Time Machine backups my Leo (TOH upgraded to Leo4All) and its Geoforce 7600 gs AGP 256MB VRAM fully works. Even dual view option works. Super! :)

I used simple driver pack NVInstaller v.41. My ver. of the system is 10.5.2 with Darwin 9.0. Mobo - Asterock with 1gb ram and caleron d processor.

I made simple modifications in kext files adding my card and removing all the others. Than as mentioned - permissions, this "funny" sudo-maso words in terminal and thats all.

Thanks for your help!

ps. i bought this GF7600gs specially for Leo!!!! :))

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Everyone,

finally got my PNY GeForce 7600GS 256MB (Former 512) AGP to work on my MSI 7025 AMD X2 with Dual Screen.

The key for my success was to REMOVE AGPGart.kext !!!

Once that was done, I had both screens but no cursor on the second monitor, then based on some recomendation from the forum(s) I downgraded to Natit_v0.1 and all works now!!!

Thanks all

Hi there, I am trying to get the same card (PNY GeForce 7600GS 512MB AGP) to work with Leo. Does "Former 512" mean that you flashed the card's BIOS? Or does it mean that it is just recognized as if it had only 256MB of VRAM? After playing around with Spanakorizo's guides and the NVIDIA_WORKING_KEXTS package (all installed with corrected DevID/Vendor code, AGPGart.kext removed) posted elsewhere in the forum I am getting past the grey boot screen and my monitor (Benq FP93GX) reports an incoming DVI signal - however the screen stays black. Haven't tried connecting it via VGA yet (maybe the black/blank DVI signal is the inactive second monitor?). I would be very grateful for some comments on the mentioned PNY card (I am quite capable of hacking and playing around with those kexts and the like). Regards...

PART#1:

Like everyone else here, I want to share some SUCCESS for those of you in similar situation.

1. Using Mac OS X 10.4.8 [jas AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2].iso

(just install X11, AMD KEXTS...for basic system requirements. No need for TITAN DRIVERS.

2. Installed Latest_NVinject.0.2.1_512Mb.zip for PNY AGP GFX 5200 256MB

(move the NVinject.kext to /System/Library/Extensions. & do the permissions repair after.

sorry, NO QE/CI. I guess this AGP CARD version isnt supported in mac)

3. Using RT2500 driver/utility for Linksys WMPG45S PCI

after 3 days of trial & error with endless searching for drivers, I used the NVINJECT. It works like a charm for DUAL DISPLAY. MACVIDIA Beta 2 Build 2 worked for dual display, but it just got funky.

Alright. Thats pretty much of it. But do let me know if you guys get the QE/CI working.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(EDITED)

PART#2 (note* Keep the NVinject in the Extensions folder, dont delete it.)

ALRIGHT, that was fast. Found a solution.

4. Download this installer GF5200.ZIP => http://www.mediafire.com/?fayytmlzwxq

(I dont think the installer is perfect, cus I found a GeForceFXGLDriver.bundle in the local drive. So move that file via command in SINGLE USER MODE to /System/Library/Extensions. & remember to repair permissions)

5. Remove the /System/Library/Extensions.kextache & /System/Library/Extensions.mkext & REBOOT.

CONCLUSION: YOU SHOULD HAVE DUAL DISPLAY W/ HARDWARE QE/CI Support, check using Quartz Extreme Check.

ok i'm definitely NO EXPERT and i half retarded my way through this and i'm about 95% sure i did some unnecessary things....but my dual monitors work and i'm happy. i'm gonna post everything i did even though i'm sure i effed something up...but like i said, it works. and i have no idea what quartz extreme or cube image is...but system profiler shows it's working.

btw, i have the asus 7300gt w/ dvi/vga so i used the natit dual v.01. running 10.5.2 fresh install from the new kalyway disk.

i first used the terminal to edit three kexts with my devide id.

GEFORCE.KEXT

NVDARESMAN.KEXT

NVDANV40Hal.kext

i downloaded natit dual v.01 and edited it with my device id as well...then copied it into my extensions folder.

i did the necessary chowning and permissions repairs and all that stuff. rebooted and still nothing. still didn't recognize my other monitor.

deleted nvinject.kext completely(well made a nvinject.kextold just in case :) )

rebooted, still nothing.

finally i tried a dvi to vga adapter and both monitors worked with full res (1600x1050) on the 21" gateway and 22" dell.

like i said, i don't know if it woulda worked in the first place had i just used the adapter or not or if deleting the nvinject.kext was needed or not, but it works so i don't care. i would rather NOT use the dvi to vga adapter, but at this point i'm just happy to get them both working.

p.s. if anyone has any newb questions as far as how to edit your kexts with your device id, how to find the device id, how to use terminal, or anything completely unrelated to dual displays like installing kexts or kernels....feel free to pm me. i know a lot of people on here get butt hurt when they get these questions, but i'll be happy to offer any of the very limited knowledge i do have.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

This is for Gainward HD3870 only. AFAIK this is the only method to get this card working. New natits do NOT work.

Okay I won't bore you with the silly details on how I found out how to do it.

Basically what you need is in this package.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ygmmmgghttl

Extract the package and fire up terminal. Insert te following commands

sudo -s
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/ATI*
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/Natit.kext(Ignore any error messages)
cp -R *All kexts contained in the extensions folder* /System/Library/Extensions
diskutil repairpermissions /

Now reboot with the following boot parameters -f -v

Enjoy your screen's resolution :angel:

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

Can anyone help me with my ATI Mobility X1600? I've been trying to install it a lot of times. At first with Kalyway 10.5.2, IATKOS, and now with iDeneb1.4 10.5.6. Always with the same result. Screen without backlight, blue screen or vertical stripes. As I can see Jeff has great experience with ATI cards. So Jeff please help!!! My card ID is 71c5.

Monitor recognized by softMCCS as AUO1974

EDID:

00FFFFFFFFFFFF0006AF741900000000

010F0103802115780A85A599574F8F26

1D505400000001010101010101010101

010101010101EA1A0080502010301520

44004BCF100000180000000F00000000

00000000000000000002000000FE0041

554F0A202020202020202020000000FE

004231353445573031205639200A00CC

Any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards