unable to have audio with this config

gamerloop

5 posts in this topic

I can use my audio normally when I am using other config. But when I am using this config I am no longer to have audio anymore please help.

config link: https://pastebin.com/JLPXVhyU

The reason why I must use this config it is because with this config I can use my graphic card normally and have the optimised performance. Please someone help me!!

I looked at your config.plist and it appears that you do not use Audio Injection or have set it to 0 intentionally.  If you don't already do so, I would use Lilu.kext with AppleALC.kext and inject the proper audio channel for your codec.  Try using 3 to start.  I can't give you any more suggestions without knowing what Audio Codec your laptop uses and what custom kexts you are using.  Good luck.

P.S. - Your SMBIOS does not appear to be fully populated.  Maybe it's not necessary with new versions of Clover but I am used to seeing a complete SMBIOS in config.plist.

Edited by mnfesq

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

You'll obviously need to make at least some changes to the config to make the audio work.

I agree that using Lilu and AppleALC and injecting the proper layout is the best option to try.

If you fear for the optimised graphics performance, do one minor change to the config at a time, reboot and check the graphics. Then do the next change, reboot and check. Yes, it requires much patience, which is paramount to hackintoshing.

I think that chances of AppleALC breaking the graphics optimisation are minor.

• 4 weeks later...

If you want an easy fix remove AppleHDE from SLE and download and install the VoodooHDA.

But note that the advice given earlier about using AppleALC  with correct layout-id to modify AppleHDA is normally the best option.

See HenryV post on AppleALC/AppleHDA vs VoodooHDA for more info.