Stuck at "gIOLockScreenState" with RX5700 XT at Catalina Installation

hiprynce

2 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I'm trying to install my second Hackintosh system now for like 2 days (first one was Z370, super easy, super stable) with Vanilla Install, but I just can't get the X299 system working.

I followed the Vanilla Hackintosh Guide strictly and just changed the SMBIOS to iMacPro1,1 in the config.plist.

After selecting the macOS Installer drive on Clover boot menu I never get to the installation process of Catalina... most of the time I get the progress bar to load up until 100% but it never goes further.

Going into verbose mode I got that message at last: IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0 error.

I tried also using the same EFI with a Mojave installer which let me actually install it but the installation process was super slow and laggy - I had to cancel it.

It's now my third day trying to get this done and I'm really feeling frustrated about it as I've been doing nothing else than trying out various solutions I could google.

My kexts:

• AppleALC
  • Lilu
  • WhateverGreen
  • USBInjectAll
  • XHCI-Unsupported
  • IntelMausiEthernet
  • VirtualSMC

My system:
CPU: Intel Core i9-10900X
Motherboard: ASUS X299 Prime Deluxe II
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62
RAM: 32GB DDR4-3600 CL16 G.Skill Trident Z Royal
GPU: Sapphire RX5700 XT Nitro+ SE
PSU: Corsair HX750i
SSD: 2x 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus (both firmwares updated!)

I really hope someone can help me out!