Just finished successful install of mojave(10.14.6) everything is working except for sound for the matter ,
i do not have much knowledge on patch and stuff , even though tried AppleAlc layout-id which did not work for me ,
i tried voodohda also which did not work either it ends up in panic .
with DCPI manager it says audio controller
PCI Subvendor: 0x225d103c
not sure what is my supported alc here .
i am attaching darwin dump and dsdt extracted aml and config plist used (rehabman(config.plist for intel4600)
could some one guide me through this as i am newbie to this .
Some users claim that using VoodooHDA they hear loud bump at system start and sound in system comes with noise.
Although this can be repaired with existing drivers I propose a version that do this automatically.
It started silently and have very clear output. The file is compiled as 32/64 and works from 10.6 up to 10.12.
The sources is in my signature.
There is a VoodooHDA,prefPane compatible with Sierra
Now there is a version 2.9.0 by Zenith432.
It can work with multichannel sound and play it on 5.1 analog system.
Hi guys i am a small developer, i really like to use my sound blaster cards on my machines and i love also coding, so when i find the source code for the kx audio driver on git hub and then Eugene, the creator of kx audio driver decided to no longer maintain the project, i decided to start working on a mod of this driver and maintain it.
With my mod, created starting from the sources of the last official version of kx audio driver and all the small commiunity updates, i am working to keep the driver compatible with the latest mac os versions and to improove the driver over time.
Supported cards are:
- most of the Sound Blaster live!, live! 5.1 and live! 5.1 digital series (except for the cards not using the 10k1 architecture)
- sound blaster pci 512 and pci 256
- Sound Blaster Audigy, Audigy 2 and Audigy 2 zs series
- E-MU cards based on the 10k2 sound chip (like the EMU8852 aka 0404m, including the pcie version)
- Sound Blaster Audigy 4 (SB0610 only) and the Audigy 4 pro
- Sound Blaster Audigy RX (SB0155)
- other creative and e-mu cards based on the (10k1,10k2, 10k2.5 and CA10300 based cards)
The NOT supported cards includes (but are not limited to):
- ES1370/ES1371/ES1372/ES1373 based sound cards
- Any CA0106 based card and cards with similar architectures (like sound blaster live! 24 bit, sound blaster audigy SE SB0570, audigy LS and similars, but audigy SA is supported)
- Any sound blaster x-fi (some of them works on macOS using a modified version of voodoo hda)
- Any sound blaster recon3D
- Sound blaster Audigy FX
- Any sound blaster Z/ZS/ZX and similar series
- Any sound blaster AE5/AE7/AE9 series
- Any sound card without an emu sound chip
- Any ISA Sound card
In the time being the things i have modded or added with this mod are:
- cracking and stability fixes
- added a more proper support for the pci express Sound Blaster audigy rx SB0155 (which basically is an audigy 4 with a pcie bridge chip)
- more user-frienly names for the cards in the settings and other system menus (so the name will be, for example, SB live! 5.1 SB0060 instead of kx SB0060 [e880] witch was shown in the original driver)
- added support to sample rate changing and bit resolution change (the absolte worst supported quality is 7 khz at 8 bit dept while the absolute best is 192 khz at 32 bit depth)
- inputs support
- added boot args to manage the driver (more info on those soon)
What i'd like to implement but i don't know how to do:
- fix the support when using more than one card, to get all the cards shown in the settings and other menus,
- have the gameport/midi port of older cards to be used in mac os as a midi in/out
If other developers would like to join and help they are free to do so, this is a free open source project afterall, and also an hand from other people with testing and feedback will be nice.
LINKS and downloads:
- github repo: https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/kx-audio-driver
(kext download coming soon, since an update is coming)
I'm currently using AppleALC inside /EFI/Clover/Kexts.
Sound works fine through Laptop speakers. However, as soon as I connect my earphones, i start getting a continuous buzzing sound. Can anyone help me with this?