ACPI Error when booting the Catalina Installer

PhantomR

8 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to install Catalina on an Overpowered 17+ laptop, but I am getting ACPI errors... also, could someone give me some help on setting up framebuffer-* patches for WhateverGreen (my iGPU is Intel UHD 630 accompanying the Intel i7 8750H)? I can't really figure out what values I should put for stolen memory and fbmem :(. 

More details (Laptop specs, Clover config.plist and EFI file structure) here in the main post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/hackintosh/comments/ehklgy/acpi_error_when_booting_the_installer_for/

1 hour ago, iCanaro said:

try to use a version of clover NOT higher than 2.5K_5098

Sadly, it did not work with Clover 4701 (latest RehabMan build) and MacOS Mojave (I thought Catalina was the issue) :(.... I'm at a severe loss here, I've been trying to get this to work for more than a week now, I think. I have no idea what's causing these issues..

It might be because my BIOS didn't really allow me to set things like XHCI Handoff, disabling VT-d, but I understood at least for the latter the boot flag dart=0 should solve the issue. Not sure about the XHCI handoff.......................... TBH, I do not think this is the problem.

Also, the installer is now giving me (after following the RehabMan tutorial exactly) weird errors because it's 'unentitled to load kext's like: PS2Controller and Realtek8111.... (the ACPI errors still persist :( )

Here's my PLIST: https://pastebin.com/BdYHjFxa

I read that the ACPI errors are caused by wrong fixes applied from the PLIST ACPI section... I don't really know which to choose, though. I'm also wondering whether those not having a 'Disabled' subkey are enabled or disabled..

Edited by PhantomR

I actually managed to get the installer running using the EFI folder here, provided by someone who also has a TongFang laptop and managed to get Hackintosh running:

https://github.com/rodgomesc/AVELL-G1513-FOX-7-TONG-FANG-GI5CN5E-HACKINTOSH

Still, the ACPI errors exist, but it looks like they are not the reason the installer was not starting previously.. I'm starting to wonder if I should've tried waiting a little more for the installer to load with my previous configurations ; maybe it was not stuck, though I doubt it very much.

I have no idea why the linked configuration works.. I am also wondering whether those ACPI problems are really 'problems'? What effects might they have?

Edited by PhantomR

Thank you, sir! I used 5098 and the EFI folder I mentione and I managed to install on my Overpowered 17+ (on an Intel 660p 512GB I installed inside the laptop). That EFI folder is pretty good.. the touchpad is also working.. I had to usee VoodooHDA to get the audio going, however, instead of AppleALC which was used in the EFI folder.

EDIT: The ACPI errors still show when I boot the installed macOS, but I don't see any major issues. What could happen because of them? I very rarely get some system blocks, which unblock after ~3 seconds or so, could it be because of them?

Happy New Year!

Edited by PhantomR

Do you have proper DSDT?  Seems that you are not using any DSDT.

Also seems that OVERPOWERED Gaming Laptop 17+'s have NVIDIA graphics too, which are not supported on most cases on Catalina.

So I suggest to start from proper hardware configuration and proper bootloader preparation for your hardware.