clover doesn't load the installer

sudoali

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

I created a bootable USB for Hackintosh but it doesn't load the installer. I added `-v` to boot args, and enabled debug in the clover options> Binary Patch. when I boot from USB, clover gets stuck after saying:

patching kernel for injected kexts... 
pause 5 seconds

and then the CPU fan runs very loud. nothing else gets printed on the screen.

I created two partitions for booting.

* I installed clover and installer image using macOS in VRBox

* disabled virtualization, safeboot and fastboot from bios. other options are not available in my laptop

* used config files from this repo, tested with both UHD630 and HD615_620_...  files

laptop: lenovo ideapad L340 15IWL

CPU:i7 8565u

graphic: intel uhd620

ram: 8g

did I miss anything?

also I added these kexts:

FakeSMC.kext 
RealtekRTL8111.kext 
VoodooPS2Controller.kext
Lilu.kext     
USBInjectAll.kext    
WhateverGreen.kext

config.plist

Edited by sudoali

first I created two partition MBR and HFS+J

I used `createinstalmedia` as Apple's guide suggested, to install macOS to HFS+J partition,

and downloaded clover installer from here, to install clover on MBR partition.

quote from tutorial

For Clover UEFI, run the Clover Installer package:
- if using MBR, select the target of the install to "CLOVER EFI" using "Change Install Location"
- if using GPT, select the target of the install to "install_osx" using "Change Install Location"
- select "Customize" (the default is a legacy install -- we need to change it)
- check "Install for UEFI booting only", "Install Clover in the ESP" will automatically select
- check "BGM" from Themes (the config.plist files I provide use this theme)
- the defaults for Drivers64UEFI are recommended
- most systems will work without DataHubDxe-64.efi, but some may require it

I followed the above tutorial, there was no `Drivers65UEFi` I think it is relocated in `EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI`.

here is the list of files in my drivers folder

ApfsDriverLoader.efi  
AudioDxe.efi    
FSInject.efi  
SMCHelper.efi
AptioMemoryFix.efi    
DataHubDxe.efi  
HFSPlus.efi

Edited by sudoali

I used UHD630 config file from this repo, tried with and without ig-platform-id, with the default and fake value(0x12345678) also EDID inject true/false,

none of them worked.

what is the next step the clover will do after patching kernel for injected kexts?

and why there is no other log or error in the screen?

how long it should take to see Mac's installer? I usually wait 5~10 minutes and nothing happens.

also worth to mention than I'm installing Catalina.

1 hour ago, sudoali said:

I used UHD630 config file from this repo, tried with and without ig-platform-id, with the default and fake value(0x12345678) also EDID inject true/false,

none of them worked.

what is the next step the clover will do after patching kernel for injected kexts?

and why there is no other log or error in the screen?

how long it should take to see Mac's installer? I usually wait 5~10 minutes and nothing happens.

also worth to mention than I'm installing Catalina.

Catalina use Apfs file system for installation. If you want to install it on MBR/HFS, the installer must be patched. Take a look to this topic in download section, below:

• Like 1

On 12/27/2019 at 8:40 PM, Matgen84 said:

Catalina use Apfs file system for installation. If you want to install it on MBR/HFS, the installer must be patched. Take a look to this topic in download section, below:

But the point is, I can't even start the installer :| (If I could start it, I may even migrate to Apfs). I also had this problem with Sierra on another laptop, too, I thought it might be 'cause of the old laptop.

Where can I find a complete step-by-step guide, on creating and booting Hackintosh?

P.S. I tried patching installer with no success

Edited by sudoali

On 12/27/2019 at 12:03 PM, sudoali said:

did I miss anything?

Hello!

To follow the rules. It is for everybody annoying to search in complete thread for the hardware-info, because of a not existing signature. Therefore don´t wonder, if you are getting no proper support.

Have fun.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...