Gigabyte Z390 Designare + OC 0.5.3 experiments [couldn't allocate runtime area]

Styxie

3 posts in this topic

Hi there, I'm currently using my Z390 Designare with Clover v5099, but I'd like to switch to OC. I've downloaded OC 0.5.3 and started experimenting, trying to replace my working Clover config with OC. I've followed this guide (https://khronokernel-2.gitbook.io/opencore-vanilla-desktop-guide/config.plist/coffee-lake) to the T, even unlocking my CFG MSR and calculating my slide value (171 or 0, both should work, according to my own calculations and Discords'). However, after a few days of trying, experimenting both with AptioMemoryFix.efi and FwRuntimeServices.efi and various Quirks settings, I'm stuck at getting the dreaded "ERROR allocating 0x11c89 pages at .... alloc type 2. Couldn't allocate runtime area" message. I can't seem to get any further, what should I try next?

18 hours ago, Styxie said:

Hi there, I'm currently using my Z390 Designare with Clover v5099, but I'd like to switch to OC. I've downloaded OC 0.5.3 and started experimenting, trying to replace my working Clover config with OC. I've followed this guide (https://khronokernel-2.gitbook.io/opencore-vanilla-desktop-guide/config.plist/coffee-lake) to the T, even unlocking my CFG MSR and calculating my slide value (171 or 0, both should work, according to my own calculations and Discords'). However, after a few days of trying, experimenting both with AptioMemoryFix.efi and FwRuntimeServices.efi and various Quirks settings, I'm stuck at getting the dreaded "ERROR allocating 0x11c89 pages at .... alloc type 2. Couldn't allocate runtime area" message. I can't seem to get any further, what should I try next?

AptioMemoryFix is deprecated, don't use it.

If you want, post your problem directly in Opencore discussion for help

• 4 weeks later...

Change DVMT Pre-allocated to 32M, Total Gfx Mem to something else (does not really matter). Also change slide=1 in your bootargs.

Make sure your set ProvideCustomSlide to true, do the same for EnableSafeModeSlide.

If you don't want the iGPU, just disable it and use slide=1.

Have a Gigabyte Z390 UD, when I change the "DVMT Pre-allocated" to something else than 32M I get the "Could not allocate runtime" errors..

Don't use AptioMemoryFix, use FwRuntimeServices.efi instead. AptioMemoryFix is split into OpenCore and FwRuntimeServices.efi.

IMG_3036.jpg

Edited by yooouuridafdssdfs