macbook core 2 duo....wi/fi issues...

merak

4 posts in this topic

hey guys....i've just received my first real mac....everything seems to work veery smooth.....but i've issues with my wi fi connectio....well..without doing anything, at the beginnin, airporte recognize my wirlesse network "USR9110"...but it can't connect...it tells me...an error occurred while trying to connect with network "usr9110"..i've sett he ip, dns..ecc ecc....but...nothing..it won't connect...using the lan cable it work ok..

any help??

thank u!

Before reading what I have to suggest...

Can you connect to the network? the internet? both? niether?

Assuming you're connecting to an existing network and just can't get on the internet:

go to "network" in system preferences...

double click on "airport" or go to it from the tab-down...

Set your preferred network to your network; be sure to type the correct information (case sensitivity too)...

now click the PPPoE tab and have a look: if you see a check next to "connect using PPPoE" ; uncheck it.

Now hit the tab adjacent to it "TCP/IP": Next to "Configure IPv4" it should read "Using DHCP" ; if not, change it to it.

hit "Apply Now" at the bottom of the window and try to connect again.

Had the same problem back on a final generation Powerbook G4 and after a ton of research, it turned out that it was a problem with how OS X determines what type of encryption is used on a network.

So, make sure that you manually choose the right WEP(52-HEX,52-ASCII,64-HEX,64-ASCII,108-HEX,108-ASCII,128-HEX,128-ASCII) rather than just relying on WEP Password.