Working OpenCore in Z77 hackintosh

jsl2000

49 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Apple Hunter said:

As you given i have already done

i have updated to 0.5.7 with OpenRuntime.efi. no change same.. freeze on this error. :thumbsdown_anim:

IMG_5938.thumb.jpg.2df2dc3c53870e7408362cebd35670f1.jpg

opencore-2020-04-05-062046.txt

You cannot use the config.plist from 0.5.6 with 0.5.7. Read the difference.pdf for the changes between the two versions. Suggest you stick with 0.5.6. 

Sorry but I am lost as to what is happening.

Advise you post the above screenshot on the main Opencore Discussion topic and asks the devs as to what that screenshot is saying.

Hello .. I need help with the USB2.0. With Opencore V0.5.7 There are times that no loads the usb2.0 .. with the USB3.0 no problem.. The problem is only with the USB2.0. i have a asus p8z77-m- video NVIDIA GT 710 of 2G. Coe i7 3770 -Kingston SSD- Catalina 10.15.4 I appreciate any assistance.

Captura de Pantalla 2020-04-05 a la(s) 10.19.34 p. m..png

On 11/23/2019 at 2:08 PM, jsl2000 said:

After many hours of try and error it worked by OpenCore at 10.12.6/10.13.6/10.14.x/10.15x in my Z77 hackintosh.

The only issue was incorrect showing of PCI in System Information.

config.plist

Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 10.07.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 10.07.30 PM.png

Hi jsl2000 - I have a very similar setup but cannot get macOS to recognise the Intel HD4000.

I have tried all the ig-platform-id values for Ivy Bridge desktop from the whatevergreen github and it either results in a kernel panic, or boots into the desktop but does not detect the HD 4000.

My specs are MB: Gigabyte H77-DS3H, i7 3770, Sapphire RX 580 8GB Pulse, OpenCore 0.5.7.

The system boots without fail if iGPU is disabled in the BIOS. When I enable it, I set the memory to 64M. I have only one monitor connected (via HDMI) to the dGPU (RX 580) - never to the iGPU.

Just cannot seem to get the HD 4000 recognised at all - any help greatly appreciated. Same results on OC 0.5.6 and 0.5.7. Thanks!

Fixed it - I reversed the platform-id incorrectly (reversed the whole number, instead of reversing it in hex pairs). I should have been using 06006201 (which is 0x01620006) - this is for connector-less igpu. Hardware accelaration is now working.

1 hour ago, pilo2300 said:

Fixed it - I reversed the platform-id incorrectly (reversed the whole number, instead of reversing it in hex pairs). I should have been using 06006201 (which is 0x01620006) - this is for connector-less igpu. Hardware accelaration is now working.

If you use Whatevergreen.kext, then you do not need to set any platform id's since it will do it for your based on your CPU type and also what external GPU you have. On my i7-3770K, when I enable the IGPU in BIOS, WEG.kext would set the platform id to 07006201. 

In fact, you do not have to set any device-properties for AMD GPU nor AMD HDMI Audio.

1 hour ago, BerndVP said:

Quick question, is OpenCore only for Catalina or can we run it for Mojave too ?

For my Z77 hackintosh both Clover and OpenCore worked from 10.11.6 to 10.15.5 beta.

Only one exception: For 10.13.6 I need disable Intel HD 4000 and booted with AMD GPU alone !

If your monitor from HDMI port of HD 4000 can not display properly at 1920 x 1200 resolution, you need login desktop at AMD GPU's monitor and apply adjustment of resolution of HD 4000 by SwitchResX or related app.

Edited by jsl2000

20 hours ago, jsl2000 said:

For my Z77 hackintosh both Clover and OpenCore worked from 10.11.6 to 10.15.5 beta.

Only one exception: For 10.13.6 I need disable Intel HD 4000 and booted with AMD GPU alone !

If your monitor from HDMI port of HD 4000 can not display properly at 1920 x 1200 resolution, you need login desktop at AMD GPU's monitor and apply adjustment of resolution of HD 4000 by SwitchResX or related app.

Thanks for the reply, I'm using a DisplayPort monitor with a resolution of 2560x1440

I'm now at the moment creating the Install Drive with OC.

System is:

Z77X-UD5H with F16 Mod 11 BIOS on it.

i7-3770K using the HD 4000

Using both the Ethernet Ports are needed.

PCIe Cards:

PCIEX1_1 : Allegro FW800 PCIe (FireWire 800 Card)

PCIEX16.  : Avid HDX Card

PCIEX1_2 : Empty

PCIEX1_3 : OSX WiFi Apple Broadcom BCM943602CDP – 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac with Bluetooth 4.2

PCIEX8    : Empty

PCI:        : Empty

PCIEX4    : PCIe x4 adapter to NVMe -> with Samsung NVMe drive (Audio SSD)

SATA:

SATA3_0 : Boot Drive SSD

SATA3_1: Audio SSD

Using the internal USB headers:

F_USB30_1 (Front USB 3.0)

F_USB1 (Front USB 2.0)

F_USB2 (Bluetooth connection from the Adapter card of OSX WiFi)

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, sweetlikekendy said:

Hey jsl2000, were you able to get iMessage and FaceTime to work on any of your z97 i7-4790k build? I have an asus z97 MAXIMUS VII HERO board and an i7-4790k installed with OpenCore 0.5.8 but I can't get iMessage or FaceTime to work. TYIA

My favorite is Skype instead of iMessage or FaceTime which need contact of support from Apple if login by AppleID only. That's the general rule for all Hackintosh and the reason why I use Skype only.

Edited by jsl2000
  • Thanks 1

hello,can help me ?i dont know,What's wrong with me。select booting mac and next  reboot。opencore 0.5.7

i7-3770k z77x-Ud5h  GTX660-ti

this my efi flie,fist config opencore ,something  understand

EFI.rar

1 hour ago, samlis said:

hello,can help me ?i dont know,What's wrong with me。select booting mac and next  reboot。opencore 0.5.7

i7-3770k z77x-Ud5h  GTX660-ti

this my efi flie,fist config opencore ,something  understand

EFI.rar

I suggest you read through this guide thoroughly first.

You have not said how you manage to build or install macOS in the first instance.

You set your SMBIOS model to MacBookPro but you have a desktop.

Try the attached config file with the SSDT-EC.aml (copy it to the EFI/OC/ACPI folder).

samlis-config.plist

SSDT-EC.aml

On 5/1/2020 at 1:34 AM, jsl2000 said:

My favorite is Skype instead of iMessage or FaceTime which need contact of support from Apple if login by AppleID only. That's the general rule for all Hackintosh and the reason why I use Skype only.

Gotcha. Thanks for the reply. 

On 4/9/2020 at 1:18 AM, pilo2300 said:

Did you use OC 0.5.7? upload your EFI  please

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi @jsl2000

I have the same pc, but the video is MSI RX5500XT.
I am installing it on Catalina 15.6
The card works great on a GB Z390 UD, but on this one: KP. The strange thing is that it lets me install Catalina, I get to the desktop, I configure, reboot and .... KP

Do you have any idea how to solve it? I read in the first post that the 580 gave you problems, maybe you can help me.

Another thing, I can boot into Recovery and with -S

thanks

KP.jpg

KP-S.jpg

HI, @scanray

AMD GPU need agdpmod=pikera in your boot-argument

RX-580 only output from the second DP port (the top DP port was the first one) and RX-560 only output from HDMI port in my hackintosh.

Your KP seems related to networking card instead of Display card.

Using the latest kext for your networking card at first to debug.

IntelE1000 not working any more in Catalina and Big Sur.

Hi, @jsl2000

Im using agdpmod=pikera at boot.

For network intelmausi.

I have disabled all other device in bios.

I have changed the video with old nvidia and nv_disable=1 at boot. I can boot. The KP is when I use the amd.

What is strange is that the first boot works. Not later. Even without installing anything.
I used a usb created with ##### and clover. I'm going to try creating one with OC only.

The other thing I saw is that in the config.plist you put you use fakesms and not the opencore one. It's a mistake ? or if it works?

thanks

Edited by scanray
error type

Hi, @jsl2000,

Thanks for the config. I tried it last night. I searched for OC 0.6.1 but couldn't find it. There is only 0.6.0
In the same way I tried 0.6.0, I disabled everything that referred to BT, I did not find the kext, I imagine that I have to compile the sources, right?

The USB works and runs the Catalina installer, but if I start Catalina, the KP panic again.

In this clover config, catalina works. The only weird thing about it is that if I disable the trim the KP appears.
I'm going to try activating the trim on the OC.

Thanks for the help

config_clover.plist

Hi @jsl2000,

Thanks for the config. The only way it worked was to activate the trim. If not: KP

It is working very well now.

A query, have you been successful configuring the USB asmedia?
I have been the last 2 days trying to do a ssdt of the usb ports without good results.
When I activate the patch from ehc1 to eh01 it works. If I turn ehc2 to eh02, none of the usb2 ports work.

Thanks

2 hours ago, scanray said:

Hi @jsl2000,

Thanks for the config. The only way it worked was to activate the trim. If not: KP

It is working very well now.

A query, have you been successful configuring the USB asmedia?
I have been the last 2 days trying to do a ssdt of the usb ports without good results.
When I activate the patch from ehc1 to eh01 it works. If I turn ehc2 to eh02, none of the usb2 ports work.

Thanks

My advice is to use USBPorts.kext created by Hackintool which got least trouble on the long way.

Asmedia USB was NOT supported in Mac OS X and should be disabled at BIOS.

OpenCore 0.6.1 has been released.

Try Google to get it ASAP !

Edited by jsl2000

Hi @jsl2000,

11 hours ago, jsl2000 said:

My advice is to use USBPorts.kext created by Hackintool which got least trouble on the long way.

Asmedia USB was NOT supported in Mac OS X and should be disabled at BIOS.

Yes, I already did these 2 methods

11 hours ago, jsl2000 said:

OpenCore 0.6.1 has been released.

When I put the previous post I had already installed V6.1
My question was only to be sure that the USB3 asmedia did not work

I will continue to review the configuration and if I have any questions or problems, I will ask here again.

Thank you very much for your time and help.

Edited by scanray

• 1 month later...

After Long Time i have updated to 0.6.2. still getting same freezing issues.

only on this settings.

if on or off both or any 1.

If Setting will like this.

<key>AppleCpuPmCfgLock</key>
<false/>
<key>AppleXcpmCfgLock</key>
<true/>

Shows like this

image.png.04a087e5c278d8edf30bf9116330ff8b.png

if i change to

<key>AppleCpuPmCfgLock</key>
<true/>
<key>AppleXcpmCfgLock</key>
<false/>

freeze some other command that mention in txt.

any solution to how to fix.

EFI.zip

opencore-2020-10-26-185739.txt