Working OpenCore in Z77 hackintosh

jsl2000

49 posts in this topic

After many hours of try and error it worked by OpenCore at 10.12.6/10.13.6/10.14.x/10.15x in my Z77 hackintosh.

The only issue was incorrect showing of PCI in System Information.

config.plist

Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 10.07.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 10.07.30 PM.png

Edited by jsl2000
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/23/2019 at 10:08 PM, jsl2000 said:

After many hours of try and error it worked by OpenCore at 10.12.6/10.13.6/10.14.x/10.15x in my Z77 hackintosh.

The only issue was incorrect showing of PCI in System Information.

config.plist

Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 10.07.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 10.07.30 PM.png

I had fixed this issue by the new config.plist.

Screen Shot 2019-11-25 at 8.06.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-25 at 8.06.52 PM.png

config.plist

• 2 weeks later...
On December 8, 2019 at 11:06 AM, Arun M said:

Even I am using the ASUS Z97 - Similar one to yours - But OpenCore loads to a black screen for me

Can you confirm if OC works for you in that setup too?

config.plist

Please show your hardware signature if yours is compatible to mine, I can provide my config.plist for your reference.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BiggestCookie said:

I have a gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H.  i7-3770K  using HD4000. 
If I use the right Kexts, how close is your config.plist?

Thanks

Dennis

It should work without major problem I guess.

Please try my config.plist and show what you got if any problem occurred.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I'm trying to get my Z77 (Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H) board up and running on my first go at OpenCore. I took a look at your config and noticed you don't have your DSDT.aml file enabled, nor many of the SSDTs. I'm curious why you don't use them and how you determine which ones you need? Thanks

16 hours ago, hoffsta said:

Hi there,

I'm trying to get my Z77 (Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H) board up and running on my first go at OpenCore. I took a look at your config and noticed you don't have your DSDT.aml file enabled, nor many of the SSDTs. I'm curious why you don't use them and how you determine which ones you need? Thanks

Usually OpenCore did not require these *.aml.

I tested it one by one.

• 2 months later...

I am using Clover boot loader which working everything Fine. Now need some change so I try for Opencore I done every configuration in config.plist of Opencore but freeze after from open core boot menu selection. I don't know whether missing something. I have mention both working Clover and OpenCore. Please Help Me how to Fix it.

System:-

Intel i7 3770k

Intel z77 Motherboard 

16GB RAM

AMD RX580 8G

Fenvi FV-T919,  Broadcom BCM94360CD  Wifi Card 

OpenCore-20200318T043854Z-001.zip

Clover-20200318T043745Z-001.zip

Edited by Apple Hunter

On 3/18/2020 at 6:01 PM, Apple Hunter said:

I am using Clover boot loader which working everything Fine. Now need some change so I try for Opencore I done every configuration in config.plist of Opencore but freeze after from open core boot menu selection. I don't know whether missing something. I have mention both working Clover and OpenCore. Please Help Me how to Fix it.

System:-

Intel i7 3770k

Intel z77 Motherboard 

16GB RAM

AMD RX580 8G

Fenvi FV-T919,  Broadcom BCM94360CD  Wifi Card 

OpenCore-20200318T043854Z-001.zip

Clover-20200318T043745Z-001.zip

You may try my config.plist posted above on Nov 25, 2019 at first.

Then show your errors or KP.

5 hours ago, Apple Hunter said:

I HAVE USE YOUR config.plist IT FREEZE HERE.

IMG_5839.thumb.jpg.e8f78c634e26fb7689d460b020c37c09.jpg

I HAVE ATTACH MY config.plist it Freeze Here.

IMG_5809.thumb.jpg.71161b5eb7a43a43f2b445d5bd2a0b80.jpg

i have attached config.plist and log report please check

config.plist

opencore-2020-03-26-085517.txt

i have attached config.plist and log report please check

That first screenshot shows that you are using config.plist that is for a different version of OpenCore than what is installed in your EFI folder.

Remember, OpenCore is in beta and it's features are changing regularly and so the config.plist must match the version you download or build.

Can you successfully boot using Clover ?

What is the make & model of your motherboard ?

Add your spec in your profile signature (e.g like mine)

Edited by MacNB
additional question

Clover is working fine for me without any problem. now i want to try Opencore. tested lots of way but no success.  

Since 7 years successful using Hackintosh started from OSX Mountain Lion till now Catalina. worked fine in this System. 

Intel i7-3770K 

Biostar TZ77XE4

Realtek RTL811E

AMD Sapphire Pulse RX 580 8G with IGPU HD 4000

Kingston 240GB SSD SATA

Fenvi FV-T919  Broadcom BCM94360CD Wifi Card 

8 hours ago, Apple Hunter said:

Clover is working fine for me without any problem. now i want to try Opencore. tested lots of way but no success.  

Since 7 years successful using Hackintosh started from OSX Mountain Lion till now Catalina. worked fine in this System. 

Intel i7-3770K 

Biostar TZ77XE4

Realtek RTL811E

AMD Sapphire Pulse RX 580 8G with IGPU HD 4000

Kingston 240GB SSD SATA

Fenvi FV-T919  Broadcom BCM94360CD Wifi Card 

If your working Clover config is the one you posted earlier, then it does not quite map to your OC config.

Several comments:

1. If you use Whatevergreen.kext, there's no need to inject device properties in OC as that kext will take care.
  2. You are not using SSDT.aml in OC which you were in Clover. That's needed for CPU PM
  3. You are using SSDT-EHCx_OFF.aml which is only really needed if your UEFI BIOS cannot Enable XHC handoff
  4. You are using XhciDxe.efi but for your motherboard it should not really be needed as it should be included in FW
  5. You are using USBInjectAll.kext in OC but not in Clover you're using USBPorts.kext
  6. You did not copy the same board-id and serial in OC - may effect iCloud & Messages.

I've tried to map your Clover EFI to OC EFI.

Rename your existing EFI folder to EFI-BACKUP, and copy the attached EFI and check it before booting.

EFI.zip

Edited by MacNB

1st of all thank you for help.

I have mounted EFI which you have edited and I have followed your step as you comments. But still it showing me some error like i mention in picture even opencore log report freeze. I have created DSDT now its working fine in Clover same method I have applied to Opencore but same issues. I have 1 more doubt on FwRuntimeServices.efi. I have added FwRuntimeServices.efi to clover it freeze at same loading. but AptioMemoryFix.efi works fine in Clover. I have try to add Opencore it showed nonsupporting error on startup.

I have attached DSDT Working Clover And Issus Opencore.

Clover.zip

open.zip

IMG_5852.jpg

IMG_5853.jpg

opencore-2020-03-28-131318.txt

Edited by Apple Hunter

On 3/28/2020 at 2:04 PM, Apple Hunter said:

1st of all thank you for help.

I have mounted EFI which you have edited and I have followed your step as you comments. But still it showing me some error like i mention in picture even opencore log report freeze. I have created DSDT now its working fine in Clover same method I have applied to Opencore but same issues. I have 1 more doubt on FwRuntimeServices.efi. I have added FwRuntimeServices.efi to clover it freeze at same loading. but AptioMemoryFix.efi works fine in Clover. I have try to add Opencore it showed nonsupporting error on startup.

I have attached DSDT Working Clover And Issus Opencore.

Clover.zip

open.zip

IMG_5852.jpg

IMG_5853.jpg

opencore-2020-03-28-131318.txt

The first screenshot is normal - except the line about ConsoleControl. It's not important but just delete the ConsoleControl entry in your config.plist.

The second screenshot I do not recognise. I do not see it and don't recognise anything.

You say that you have created a DSDT.aml but in the folder "with DSDT", the config.plist does not use it (you have not added it as an entry in ACPI->Add) so it is not being used. You also should not need it or any of those patches that you added.

It may well be an issue to FwRuntimeservice.efi on your motherboard.

In config.plist try setting:

ACPI->Quirks->NormalizeHeaders=true and 

ACPI->Quirks->RebaseRegions=true

(with any DSDT.aml)

Also, you have not stated where your monitor is connected (motherboard or the AMD graphics card).

It should be connected to the AMD GPU. If not, did you check that if you have any output on any of the AMD ports and the system is not really frozen ?

4 hours ago, Apple Hunter said:

My onboard iGPU is enabled. should i disable that.

IMG_5921.jpg

So your is connected to AMD GPU all the time ??

You can try and disable your iGPU (in BIOS) but I think it will not make a big difference on your system.

I disable it because I use iMacPro1,1 as the SMBIOS model ID (not iMac13,2) so that I can use the AMD GPU for encoding/decoding video.

I would not use Fwruntimeservices.efi with clover. There some problems with it but that's for the newer Z370 & 390 motherboards.

If your system boots with Clover, post your IOREG file.

10 hours ago, MacNB said:

So your is connected to AMD GPU all the time ??

You can try and disable your iGPU (in BIOS) but I think it will not make a big difference on your system.

I disable it because I use iMacPro1,1 as the SMBIOS model ID (not iMac13,2) so that I can use the AMD GPU for encoding/decoding video.

I would not use Fwruntimeservices.efi with clover. There some problems with it but that's for the newer Z370 & 390 motherboards.

If your system boots with Clover, post your IOREG file.

My IOREG FILE..

iMac.ioreg

8 hours ago, Apple Hunter said:

My IOREG FILE..

iMac.ioreg

Your IOREG shows that the IGPU is in headless mode which should be the same when booting with OC (as long as Whatevergreen.kext is used).

Did you do this following as I had suggested ??? :

BTW, your IOREG shows that you do not have proper CPU power management. That is, your SSDT.aml is not being used as you have know P-States:

195077702_Screenshot2020-04-02at17_06_27.thumb.png.3c3a31c9e35087fbf87b902e2eab5aa1.png

On 4/2/2020 at 8:09 PM, MacNB said:

Your IOREG shows that the IGPU is in headless mode which should be the same when booting with OC (as long as Whatevergreen.kext is used).

BTW, your IOREG shows that you do not have proper CPU power management. That is, your SSDT.aml is not being used as you have know P-States:

195077702_Screenshot2020-04-02at17_06_27.thumb.png.3c3a31c9e35087fbf87b902e2eab5aa1.png

i have not added ssdt in shortlist now i checked its showing.

iMac.ioreg

6 hours ago, Apple Hunter said:

i have not added ssdt in shortlist now i checked its showing.

iMac.ioreg

You do not seem to follow any suggestions :(