Wifi & Bluetooth for ASUS ROG STRIX B360-I GAMING (mini-ITX)

Desknote

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I will be using ASUS ROG STRIX B360-I GAMING (mini-ITX) for my new build, and I'm trying to figure out the best solution for WiFi & Bluetooth. I understand that it should be possible to replace the WiFi/BT card that comes with the motherboard, but I'm confused about with what kind of card exactly. What connector will I need to be using? There are cards with miniPCI, M.2, some solutions require adapters, ...

Is there a card I can simply swap in?

Thank you

Thank you Hervé! You explained everything very clearly.

I need my MB's PCIe for GPU and I would also like to use both available M2 slots for storage (one for MacOS and one for Win), so I will go with trying to replace Intel M.2 Wireless-AC 9560 with DW1560 or DW1830.

I the meantime I will use Asus BT400 dongle (I can get this one easily in my country) for bluetooth (I don't need wifi). Are there any reliability or performance differences when using usb dongle?

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I'm still using Asus BT400 dongle. It works OK, but it's finally time to upgrade :)

I would like to confirm that I'm going to buy a right replacement for the Intel M.2 Wireless-AC 9560 that's build into the motherboard. Is this one compatible?

BCM94360NG NGFF M.2 802.11AC Bluetooth 4.0 Card

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32464748097.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.33.176b1c8dMG8m1Y

Thank you