Catalina on Gigabyte Z77-DS3H

snifferdog

8 posts in this topic

Has anyone got this to work?  The problem I have is that the first phase of the installer ticks down to 2 minutes remaining and then reboots.  The second phase of the installer then does not run correctly.

My board is rev 1.1  I have an Intel Core i3-3229 Ivy Bridge.  My config.plist is attached.  Thanks.

config.plist

Edited by snifferdog

Thanks, but it doesn't look like it's that.  I can't see an Embedded Controller in IORegistryExplorer (I took a good look) and my machine is a desktop, not a laptop.  Any other ideas? I noticed that I can run the first phase of the installer under Mojave and it behaves in the same way - i.e. it gets to '2 minutes remaining' and then suddenly says 'I'm done', which I don't believe is true.

Hello again.  Still no luck, but thanks to you I think I now know why.  With the settings in your post, the installer reports 'Cannot install macOS 10.15 on this computer', which leads me to believe that my processor is too old to support Catalina.  I will look around for a new system.

Thank you for your help.

• 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, tendrils said:

I've got Catalina installed on this MOBO and everything works except the onboard audio. Worked fine with AppleALC on Mojave. Any thoughts? Or, anything I can do to help you out snifferdog?

Audio works for me with the config.plist I posted.  I have AppleALC.kext in EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other

• 1 month later...
On 11/12/2019 at 4:16 AM, tendrils said:

I've got Catalina installed on this MOBO and everything works except the onboard audio. Worked fine with AppleALC on Mojave. Any thoughts? Or, anything I can do to help you out snifferdog?

would u pls share the files? config.plist and kexts...