vista bootloader?

trav1085

11 posts in this topic

I used to use Ubuntu with GRUB so I can easily boot into any OS I want to. But I recently removed linux as I don't need it as much. I have Vista Build 6000 and OS X86. Everytime I boot up It just goes to vista! I can't find any boot.cfg (even if logged in as admin). I don't know how to use bcdconfig.exe as it's very confusing.

How do I manually edit the file?

Welcome to Vista Hell, there's no more boot.ini and as you have said bcdedit is extremely hard to configure so what you can do is use your windows xp CD then when asking about enter to console shell for fix go ahead, then to FIXMBR, then reboot, now use your ubunto live DVD and fix your osx partitions and set this as booteable, then you should be able to use osx as bootloader for both Vista and OSX.

BCDEasy 1.5 is a good idea, or you could use your osx install disk to get to terminal and do a fdisk, that should bring darwin up as your main menu and you can choose Vista or Mac.

Since your using RTM you shouldn't have any problems with Vista by running fdisk.

What? BCDEasy on google gives me 6 results of mostly {censored} sites.

I tried BCDEasy, in Add/Remove Entries I added Mac OS X as Generic x86 PC but when I reboot it gives me the options, but choosing Mac OS X just goes back to the bootloader. The screen goes black for a second then loads the bootloader again.

Also, everytime I choose Vista it goes in the smallest resolution available (640xsomething). Which I have to change.

Something is screwing this up. I have just lost both of my optical drives, which are sonys (or sonies). They say there is a conflict with the drivers

Both drives aren't detected, and I still can't get into OS X 86. But I decided that I'm going to format my drive, install Vista, then install Mac OS X86 again and use the darwin bootloader as I'm getting a new graphics card.