Asus TP500LN display resolution.

SavageAUS

3 posts in this topic

Ever since day day 1 (Yosemite) of installing macOS on this laptop I have been using a custom resolution to force my display to 1920x1080 it is only natively 1366x768.....dismal.

The current internal screen is a touch screen and uses a 40 pin connector, I’ve been googling and searching on replacement screens but I cannot find any that are 1080p and 40pin. Don’t mind losing the touch part but would like to keep it.

So what I am asking is if anyone has any experience in upgrading their laptop display from 1366x768 to 1920x1080?

Or where to look?

Current display: InnoLux N156BGE -L41 Rev. C5 40pin.

If anyone can assist in finding a display that suits I would be extremely grateful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

48 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Ever since day day 1 (Yosemite) of installing macOS on this laptop I have been using a custom resolution to force my display to 1920x1080 it is only natively 1366x768.....dismal.

The current internal screen is a touch screen and uses a 40 pin connector, I’ve been googling and searching on replacement screens but I cannot find any that are 1080p and 40pin. Don’t mind losing the touch part but would like to keep it.

So what I am asking is if anyone has any experience in upgrading their laptop display from 1366x768 to 1920x1080?

Or where to look?

Current display: InnoLux N156BGE -L41 Rev. C5 40pin.

If anyone can assist in finding a display that suits I would be extremely grateful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The first time I heard about changing another screen for a laptop

Guest ricoc90

Well, finding a 1080p lvds panel is not that hard, at least without touch.
The issue is whether or not it supports dual channel lvds (needed for 1080p). 40-pin doesn't necessarily mean that it does.