Majed DH

Acpi error after updating bios

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi everyone. 
I have HP 15-da0xxx series laptop. i got macos mojave installed on it. but 
I was trying to get my intel graphics working but i couldn't change dmvt preallocation. 

So I updated the bios (unfortunately). And since then i could not boot any version of clover. 
I tried two versions that were working and even an installer that worked before is not working:

I searched alot about the error and found nothing relared to macos or hackintosh..  would it be solved by patching the dsdt? 15666068644765908499284865374744.thumb.jpg.88082a668a8685a302e611336985497f.jpg

Any suggestions people ? 

Edited by Majed DH
add laptop model

Advertisement
25 minutes ago, Majed DH said:

would it be solved by patching the dsdt? 

More than likely, sometimes the DSDT is changed with a new bios, so best to patch it

Thanks for your response, the problem is my laptop is pretty new.

I've searched for patches for my laptop model, but there is nothing specific to it, all HP models are old.

How to know which patch to apply? and which patch of those that worked on old models will work on mine?

Thanks again.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By kylon
      ACPI and Clover config for Acer Aspire v5-571PG

Tested on Catalina 10.15.1 and Clover EFI 5098 (Should work on MacOS 10.9.x - 10.15.x)

Not Working:
      - sd card reader
      - Atheros AR9462 (use a compatible USB wireless adapter, see below)
      - Touchscreen (MacOS 10.15 only)

Notes:
      Disable Secure Boot and enable Legacy Boot. Legacy Mode is recommended.  
      **To reset your BIOS, power on the pc and hold the power button for about 30-40 seconds or you can short G2101 (RAM SLOT 1)**

About the Atheros card:
      You can install ATH9KFixup (you will also need additional patches on 10.14+ to restore Atheros support) to enable this card, however,
      it will break sleep on MacOS 10.14+, it can freeze your OS at any time and it can freeze your network settings.
      Because of its instability it is highly recommended to buy a USB wireless adapter.

You can find a list of working adapters, and the drivers, here.

Additional things you will need:
      Latest Clover config (AcerAspireV5-571pg - CCE Bank) from here CloverEFI (download) or OpenCore (download - Untested) WhateverGreen (download) VoodooPS2 (download) VirtualSMC + SMCBatteryManager (download) AppleALC (download) Lilu (download) Mieze Realtek RTL8111 (download)  
      CloverEFI drivers you will need:
      ApfsDriverLoader EmuVariableUefi FSInject DataHubDxe VBoxHfs (if you have hfs partitions)  
      Remember to install BIOS drivers if you enable Legaby Boot.

Feel free to ask for help.
      Please send me a PM if you have fixes or improvements, thanks.
    • By Donw35
      Catalina update 10.15.1 without issue although you may have to make sure clover boots from the right partition.
      HP 840 G2, working with OS X 10.15 Catalina, for this to work you will need the SSDT-ECUSBX.aml and place that  EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched. 
      Make sure you remove Remove all patch about renaming acpi of EC or H_EC,, revert all ACPI renaming in ACPI DSDT.

My method to install OS X on the SSD from a working real Mac via SSD to USB converter. I then install Clover and add my kexts ad set the config.plist

Not working
      SD Card reader

Working
      Video - screen looks better in OS X then it does in Windows 10
      VGA port
      WiFi and BlueTooth working OOO using the below hack
      Battery status with Rehabman's DSDT patch
      Brightness controls
      Sounds - using VoodooHDA
      Microphone - cannot turn it off or mute
      Keyboard backlight - controlled though BIOS anyways
      touchpad - using VoodooPS2Controller
      USB3 - this laptop has two on board only and I haven't test them using the docking station
      USB3.1 C
      Ethernet - using IntelMausiEthernet
      Sleep - kind of, closing the lid doesn't go to sleep but goes to sleep over time.

Not tested
      This laptop does not have a Webcam - enterprise model.
      Display port
      Finger Print device

For me what keeps this from being a day to day usable laptop (Mac Book) is the WiFi + Bluetooth, not having battery percentage could be an issue later though.

Clover_folder for those that want to play along.

SSDT-ECUSBX.aml
    • By End3rPower50
      Hi, I want to install MacOS Catalina on my laptop.
      I was installed MacOS Mojave previously but i had a lot of problem, for example my wifi's card (Dell DW1820A) had a problem: My pc sometimes doesn't boot up or pc after some minutes crashed or slowed. 
      Now i want to try again to install macOS.

this is my spec: 
      HP 15-AY034NL 
      CPU: i7 6500U  with HD520
      SSD: 500GB SSD Samsung
      Wifi & Bluetooth: Dell DW1820A (Bluetooth: BCM2045A0) (Wifi: BCM94350ZAE)
      USB 3.0 
      Ethernet: Realtek 8100

Attached in this thread, my old clover configuration created by me (CLOVER OLD) and clover with Wifi driver (CLOVER) created by Hervè (I had asked help at insanelymac's community)

P.S SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH.
      Thanks in advance 
      -ANTONIO
      CLOVER OLD.zip
      CLOVER.zip
    • By benmills1
      Hi, i can someone help me with installing mac OS Mojave on my HP ENVY - 15-as102na?
      I have an imac to use for setting up my usb & installing MacOS Mojave.There are various kext files etc that i'm not sure about and need some help as some are hardware specific.
      I tried previously but got stuck on an apple logo and couldn't get past that, and tried today and had problems with Clover.
      Once i get mac os on my 128gb m.2 ssd ( which i'll upgrade to either a 256gb or 512gb depending on how well this hackintosh works)
      I have a free 2.5" inch hdd bay where i'd like to install windows on in the future.
      I think i may have to replace my wireless card ( based on a few google results) which i'm fine with as long as i can see it working without just so i know i won't waste money
      Specs:
      Cpu: i5 7200u
      GPU: HD 620
      8GB ram
      Wifi card- Intel Wireless 7265 ( Intel® 802.11ac (2x2) )
      Motherboard - HP 81D2 & BIOS version is f.56
      https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c05311862
      Thanks
    • By amadeusex
      Hi there y' all.

I'm selling my hp z820 with the specs listed below since i accidentally bought me another one (that's what i told to my wife anyway).

The machine runs flawlessly High High Sierra 10.13.6 and also has Win7 pro and Win10 pro licences tied to the machine.

The machine is in Athens Greece

I'm asking for 850 euros shipped within the European Union.

Features     • Make: HP • Modell: Workstation Z820   • Processor: 2x Intel XEON Quad-Core E5-2670 • Chipset: Intel C602    • Memory: 64 GB ECC RAM • Sound: Realtek ALC262   • Graphics Card: nVidia Quadro K600   • SAS - Controller: LSI SAS2308 with RAID (0, 1, 5, 10) • SSD - 256 GB • DVD RW   • 2x Ethernet-LAN (RJ-45): 2 (Dual Gigabit - 1000Mbit/s)   • FireWire: 2x (1x Front + 1x Back) • USB 2.0: 5x (1x Front + 4x Back) • USB 3.0: 4x (2x Front + 2x Back)   • PS/2 • serial RS232 • Line-In • Line-Out • Microphone • FireWire (6polig)    • PSU: 1125 Watt    • (WxHxD): 203mm x 444mm x 525mm • Weight: 21,1kg   The machine is configured to also run MacOS 10.13.6 High Sierra without any hiccups and complete working power management.   Geekbench 4 64-bit  MacOs Results
      https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/12062123
      Geekbench 4 64-bit  Win10 Results
      https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/11972736
      The pictured drive trays are not included - the original placeholders will be mounted!