How to swap an AMD GPU under Mojave

EdoardoConti

6 posts in this topic

Hello, 

I'm running a rx460 on my Hackintosh and I recently purchased a new gpu, the sapphire rx580 4gb (used).
Months ago I had several problems with my graphics card, so I tweaked the settings on my config.plist and maybe other files. 

I just need to swap the two GPUs? I'll attach my clover folder (removed sub-directories unnecessary), can someone check the configuration please? 
Thanks.

CLOVER.zip

13 minutes ago, EdoardoConti said:

Hello, 

I'm running a rx460 on my Hackintosh and I recently purchased a new gpu, the sapphire rx580 4gb (used).
Months ago I had several problems with my graphics card, so I tweaked the settings on my config.plist and maybe other files. 

I just need to swap the two GPUs? I'll attach my clover folder (removed sub-directories unnecessary), can someone check the configuration please? 
Thanks.

CLOVER.zip

Just update clover, Lilu and whatevergreen kexts and you don't need to do anything special for the GPU swap those GPUs are both supported and WEG will take care of the rest.

8 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

Just update clover, Lilu and whatevergreen kexts and you don't need to do anything special for the GPU swap those GPUs are both supported and WEG will take care of the rest.

Ok, thanks. 

Please, can you tell me if my bootflags are ok or I need to remove some of them unnecessary? 

No problem, the boot flags you are using depend on the hardware specs and your system configurations but in general:

1. dart=0 disables intel virtual technology if you have it disabled in BIOS/UEFI you can remove that from config.plist

2. -no_compat_check is usually used when you need to instal macOS on an unsupported hardware like installing Mojave on Core 2 Duo systems

3. Shiki automatically chooses the optimal configuration for your GPU

4. -v boots macOS in Verbose log mode so if macOS doesn't start or system reboots during the boot process you can troubleshoot the issue by checking the boot process

5. debug=0x100- this prevents a reboot on a kernel panic and keepsyms=1 tells the OS to also print the symbols on a kernel panic for further analysis

6. -disablegfxfirmware I'm not sure what that does exactly but as far as I know it's related to iGFX Framebuffer

7. kext-dev-mode=1 is deprecated and you can remove it

8. uia_exclude=HS04;HS07;HS08;HS10;HS11;HS12;SS03;SS04;SS06;SS07;SS08;SS09;SS10 is for USB port limits which excludes unused USB ports.

So based on your config and system you can decide which of those flags are needed and which ones you can remove.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

No problem, the boot flags you are using depend on the hardware specs and your system configurations but in general:

1. dart=0 disables intel virtual technology if you have it disabled in BIOS/UEFI you can remove that from config.plist

2. -no_compat_check is usually used when you need to instal macOS on an unsupported hardware like installing Mojave on Core 2 Duo systems

3. Shiki automatically chooses the optimal configuration for your GPU

4. -v boots macOS in Verbose log mode so if macOS doesn't start or system reboots during the boot process you can troubleshoot the issue by checking the boot process

5. debug=0x100- this prevents a reboot on a kernel panic and keepsyms=1 tells the OS to also print the symbols on a kernel panic for further analysis

6. -disablegfxfirmware I'm not sure what that does exactly but as far as I know it's related to iGFX Framebuffer

7. kext-dev-mode=1 is deprecated and you can remove it

8. uia_exclude=HS04;HS07;HS08;HS10;HS11;HS12;SS03;SS04;SS06;SS07;SS08;SS09;SS10 is for USB port limits which excludes unused USB ports.

So based on your config and system you can decide which of those flags are needed and which ones you can remove.

Thank you so much, very helpfull!

• Like 1