Fans running at full speed all the time [Catalina]

Jai_Arun

4 posts in this topic

My fans are running at full speed all the time even though the temperatures seem to be around 45C. I can't find the CPU temperature sensors, I only have access to GPU at SSD temperatures. I'm running 10.15 Beta (19A512f) on 9600K, Z390 MoBo, and RX580.

Do I need to install HWmonitor/HWSensors kext? What could be wrong?

What guide did you follow to create your hackintosh?

I recommend you follow this - Because you really need a full patched DSDT to have your Hackintosh working good.

And use this tools to monitoring your hardware temps:

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Allan said:

What guide did you follow to create your hackintosh?

I recommend you follow this - Because you really need a full patched DSDT to have your Hackintosh working good.

And use this tools to monitoring your hardware temps:

Hey! thank you for your reply!

My hack has been working well for months now, the DSDT was patched with the help of Mald0n and I have had no issues. However, since updating to Catalina the fans seem to run at full speed most of the time and none of the the temperatures have gone past 45-50C.

I have installed the kexts you provided to monitor the HW sensors, and I can now see the CPU temperatures as well, thank you!

3 hours ago, Jai_Arun said:

However, since updating to Catalina the fans seem to run at full speed most of the time and none of the the temperatures have gone past 45-50C.

I don't know if in Catalina needs a special feature to fix that, but as the system are still in Beta stage, things like this can happen.

3 hours ago, Jai_Arun said:

I have installed the kexts you provided to monitor the HW sensors, and I can now see the CPU temperatures as well, thank you!

NP buddy ;)