Mojave on ASUS Prime Z370-A II

PaoloC68

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I am in the process of getting my Hackintosh up an running.
This is my current hardware layout:
Motherboard: PRIME Z370-A II BIOS version: 1201
CPU : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9400 CPU @ 2.90GHz
Memory : HyperX Predator Black 16GB 2666MHz DDR4 CL13 DIMM (Kit of 2)
Storage 1: Crucial P1 500GB 3D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD
Storage 2: Seagate SATA ST2000DM006-2DM1 2 Tb
Network : Netis WF2190 Wireless AC1200 Long-Range USB Adapter
I was hoping that I could get the HD 630 to work at least at the beginning but it appears a long process so I have purchased a Sapphire Pulse RX 580 8Gb
I was able already to install Mojave 10.14.5 but the HD 630 is showing only 7 Mb of memory and no hardware acceleration.

Now my questions:
- Does anybody have experience with this motherboard, some advises to share?
- In particular is there anybody could share the settings for the HD 630 in this kind of setup?
- The RX 580 should work out of the box so I imagine that I should not set anything special, simply having WhatEverGreen.kext loaded, is this correct?

Thanks in advance, I know there is a whole topic on "Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen" but I find it a very long process to go through, this is why I thought still more convenient to get the Rx 580. So if there is a good soul that has a quick solution is very welcome, otherwise I will just like advises for the motherboard itself plus the video card.

• 2 weeks later...

Just as an update once I added a Sapphire Radeon RX 580 8 GB I was able to do a plain vanilla installation which worked like a charm.
The system appears to be as stable as it gets, it is almost 3 days that I don't reboot and I can just put it to sleep overnight.

• Thanks 1