Averatec 1050

6 posts in this topic

So I have OS X running on my Averatec 1050 10" subnotebook (Pentium M 1.1 GHz SSE2).

The good:

- Dual boot XP Pro & OS X

- Rosetta support

- Graphics OK (I tweaked the Intel 830 .kext file for Intel 852/855 - now works native at 1280x768, no QE, no CI)

- Sound OK (Realtek AC'97)

- Wired Ethernet OK (Realtek 8139)

- Wireless Ethernet OK (I replaced the Intel 2200 MiniPCI with a Broadcom 4306 MiniPCI)

The bad:

- No FireWire (O2Micro)

- No PCCard (O2Micro)

- No wake from sleep

Any suggestions on how to fix "the bad"? I've looked all over the forums for FireWire, PCCard advice... I'd try to add the device/vendor IDs to some .kext files, but I don't know which .kext files to edit!

What about wake from sleep solutions? Thanks :)

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

I got QE working!

My biggest problem right now is that I can't get my machine to wake from sleep - the screen goes black and the keyboard & trackpad stop responding, but the machine is not actually sleeping...

My biggest problem right now is that I can't get my machine to wake from sleep - the screen goes black and the keyboard & trackpad stop responding, but the machine is not actually sleeping...

This is a familiar problem, you need to adjust your sleep settings in System Prefs. I seem to recall you have to set "Put the computer to sleep..." to "never" in energy saver

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

So I have OS X running on my Averatec 1050 10" subnotebook (Pentium M 1.1 GHz SSE2).

The good:

- Dual boot XP Pro & OS X

- Rosetta support

- Graphics OK (I tweaked the Intel 830 .kext file for Intel 852/855 - now works native at 1280x768, no QE, no CI)

- Sound OK (Realtek AC'97)

- Wired Ethernet OK (Realtek 8139)

- Wireless Ethernet OK (I replaced the Intel 2200 MiniPCI with a Broadcom 4306 MiniPCI)

I realize I'm about 3 years late to the party, but im trying to install 10.5.5 on my averatec 1050. I have a ton of questions and I'm reading as much as I can but I cant find an answer anywhere.

Basically my install hangs during disk arbitration with the error "coreRAIDserver not responding". I'd love to hear how you got yours to install. My stock hard drive is currently setup for dual boot with xp on C: partition, Windows7 beta on another partition, and a blank partition for the osx install. Ive tried both a raw partition and a ntfs format with the same errors.

FWIW im using the iDeneb 1.3 version of 10.5.5