HighPoint NVME RAID bootable

ergot

5 posts in this topic

Hi All,

the HighPoint NVME raid controller is natively supported under Mac OS however I'm not able to boot from this device,I have clover installed and everything on my boot drive but BIOS don't "see" this card ...is that MOBO settings / features or do I need to enable / disable something in clover..?

Screen Shot 2019-07-15 at 19.33.19.png

My old X58 MoBo doesn't show up my SM951 (via PCIe adapter) in boot drives but I managed to boot from the SM951 installing Clover on another HD that's visible by the Bios as boot drive, it works fine on my HP Z400 as well and it boots from a Raid0 Nvme drives. Try to install Clover on another Sata HD or even on a USB drive just to check it up. At startup Clover will show your Nvme volume and you'll be able to boot from it.

12 hours ago, PPCnostalgic said:

My old X58 MoBo doesn't show up my SM951 (via PCIe adapter) in boot drives but I managed to boot from the SM951 installing Clover on another HD that's visible by the Bios as boot drive, it works fine on my HP Z400 as well and it boots from a Raid0 Nvme drives. Try to install Clover on another Sata HD or even on a USB drive just to check it up. At startup Clover will show your Nvme volume and you'll be able to boot from it.

Hi Thanks,

Yes this is what i was trying but i dont want to "waste" a USB connection just for boot up or put another HDD just for boot up.

I heard some people were able to boot from this controller, so it might be a BIOS settings or clover patch that will show up the drivers, or a kext that load on boot that show the drive... :)

I had similar issue for usual nvme drive / no raid. Bios was not seeing clover despite correct intallation. Probably you need to add manually entry for your bios via clover UEFI shell. Boot from clover USB, go to uefi shell.

Run "map", "bcfg boot dump" then change you need to run "bcfg boot add 04 FSX:\EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.EFI CloverUEFI" replacing X with correct filesystem.

Or google for 'clover uefi shell add boot entry bios' and one of the first results is for you. I followed that and have it working now.

3 hours ago, Belzebubek said:

I had similar issue for usual nvme drive / no raid. Bios was not seeing clover despite correct intallation. Probably you need to add manually entry for your bios via clover UEFI shell. Boot from clover USB, go to uefi shell.

Run "map", "bcfg boot dump" then change you need to run "bcfg boot add 04 FSX:\EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.EFI CloverUEFI" replacing X with correct filesystem.

Or google for 'clover uefi shell add boot entry bios' and one of the first results is for you. I followed that and have it working now.

wow thanks for your help!

I will try this later, I have NVME drive on a simple PCI-e card and this is my bootable NVME, system can see it normally with no issues. perhaps a new entry will fix but in general the PC can boot from PCI-e.

I will also will try change PCI slot...

Thanks